What's new

Hall Pass...Review (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Saw Hall Pass this afternoon. I laughed so hard at times I got a headache. Every comedy can be a bit uneven at times and Hall Pass certainly is. But, it's got some really funny moments, some really crude ones too....but also underneath that is a pretty sweet story.

I think a few people were laughing at me in the way I was laughing! Nearly wet my pants on one part.

Well done...

8/10.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Farrelly Brothers return to the big screen with a comedy based on the premise of 2 married guys getting a 1-week "hall pass" from their wives where they get to spend the week as single guys with no marriage baggage or commitments.

Fred (Jason Sudeikis) and Rick (Owen Wilson) don't quite make the most of their hall pass week, and their wives Grace (Christina Applegate; married to Fred) and Maggie (Jenna Fischer; married to Rick) have their own unplanned adventures during the week while staying away from their homesteads.

There are some relatable comedic bits (from the point of view of guys in their late 30s trying to immerse themselves back in the dating scene, as well as having their guys support group looking to live vicariously through this hall pass week), some gross out scenes (hey, it's a Farrelly Brothers movie), and some focus on morals at odds with libidos.

The script doesn't always hit the mark, and there are some miscues here and there (truly random stuff just happens without much payoff later, but there are other bits which are set up with throwaway lines that pay off later in spots), which slows down the flow of the film, but its 3rd act is decently paced in a screwball comedic manner.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks