What's new

HAIRSPRAY BD (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Wow I just watched The Blue Ray DVD of HAIRSPRAY!!! Incredibly sharp eye popping colors!!!! Great disc.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is one film I'd consider taking the HD plunge for, but I still have enough willpower (and little enough money) to hold out for now. :)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Seems like an odd title to push you into the next gen formats. But as long as you're jumping in, get Die Hard, Apocalypto, and Fifth Element. :)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Hairspray one of the few movies my wife told me to go out and get for her. Now that I have both fomrats, will get the BD...thought about getting Fifth Element on BD, but my Superbit was clearly better than the first effort...is the remaster that much better now?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Way Better. How you can tell if you have a new one is the new one has Dolby True HD as an audio format on the back cover. The front cover is also slightly different on the grey/silver area but that's not exactly an easy way.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I had Hairspray in my hands at CC the other day, but put it back on the shelf bcs it was $30. Where's the best online deal for a new copy?

thanks!

dave :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And I did enjoy it very much! Excellent PQ and AQ. Tomorrow I'll go back and enjoy the BD-Java-based commentary.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It is a PG movie with plenty of good-natured innuendo. It is very much in the spirit of the 1988 John Waters film, but obviously with a lot more songs since it is adapted from the Broadway musical.

There are even cameos from Waters and Ricky Lake near the beginning and end of the film respectively.

Regards,

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
I also got the "New/Used" copy from Amazon Marketplace (shipped from CDUniverse), but mine wasn't sealed. Hmph.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
what timing for your post. Just got my new "used" amazon shipment in the mail. looks like factory-shrink-wrap. I'll be watching tonight!

dave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks