What's new

Blu-ray Review Hair Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by GMpasqua

Yep it was a real place. Fort Dix was an early casualty of the first Base Realignment & Closure in the early 1990s, losing the basic-training mission. It is still active but has a smaller different use.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Dix]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Dix

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Techman707

Obviously all of this falls under the category of "willing suspension of disbelief". Joking aside, I have no problem with the flying car at the end of "Grease" because it's clear we're supposed to see it as a cute fantasy ending to the film - it's not meant to be taken literally.

On the other hand, there's nothing in "Hair" that implies we're NOT supposed to accept its events as "reality". There's nothing that tells us the story is just a metaphor and we're not supposed to take events - NOT singing/dancing - literally.

Apparently I'm unable to suspend disbelief because I think the movie's ending defies logic too much...

cinemascopio

Auditioning
Real Name
kleber mendonça filho
Hi Hair had a historic 6 month run in 70mm at the Veneza cinema (the cinema closed in 1998), in Recife, Brazil, in 1980. People couldn't get enough of the film, the colours and the fantastic 6 track magnetic sound was something casual viewers reacted to instinctively, without any technical knowledge of projection technique. To this day, Hair is still remembered as an amazing filmgoing experience in this city. It's ironic that today, with every multiplex equipped with Dolby Digital or SR, the presentation has become so mediocre, generally speaking. Kleber, from Brazil.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Bumping this because I'm watching the blu-ray now, and for the life of me, I seem to remember seeing a deleted scene or two somewhere, but it wasn't on the DVD (or the blu-ray), and I can find nothing on the web. Any thoughts? Could I be misremembering? I recall it was on a bridge, or in traffic or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks