What's new

H/K AVR 525 problem auto-detecting between digital and analog audio inputs? (1 Viewer)

Edward Lee

Auditioning
I read in an earlier post on this forum that the H/K can auto detect between analog and digital when using video two analog connections and coax digital input two.

I have tried this with my Motorola digital cable box with no success.

If I connect the Motorola box as described above, it only detects the analog signal. If I disconnect the analog connections and set video 2 for coax, I get no sound. If I do the same on Video 1 or Video 3, it works fine with the digital signal.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice,
Ed Lee

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Edward, it sounds like you may have a defective receiver. Just make sure you've associated Coax Digital #2 with Video Input 2, and it should work. Good luck.

Edward Lee

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. When I try to associate Coax 2 with Video 2, it switches back to analog as soon as I press the set button.

I don't see any option for support on the H/K website. Do I get my support through the dealer?

Thanks,
Ed Lee

Edward Lee

Auditioning
I am sure there is a signal. If I move the connection over to Video 1 or Video 3 and set it for coax, I get a digital signal.

Thanks,
Ed Lee

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The way I understand it, you have to set the Video2 input to 'Analog', not digital. Then, if it senses input on digital input 2, it automatically switches to that.

It probably won't let you select digital input 2 for Video2 because that input has the autosense feature.

Edward Lee

Auditioning
Thanks for that feedback John. The receiver is not detecting the digital signal on Video 2.

For example, when I switch to a digital channel, I continue to get analog output. However, if I switch the digital cable box to Video 3 and set it for Coax 2, I get a digital audio signal.

Also, if I connect a completely digital source, such as my DVD player, to Coax 2 on Video 2, I get no audio signal at all.

I wonder if something is wrong with the receiver?

Thanks,
Ed Lee

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
It certainly sounds like something's amiss to me.

It'll wipe out ALL your user settings, but try performing a processor reset. With the unit in 'standby' mode, press and hold both 'Surr. Mode' and 'Tun Mode' buttons on the front panel for a few seconds until RESET shows in the display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks