1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

H/K 525 w/ 4 ohm speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan_Tams, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Bryan_Tams

Bryan_Tams Active Member

Can the H/K 525 handle 4ohm speakers? Are there concerns? Is there any problem if the mains are 4 ohm, center is 6 ohm and rears are 8 ohms? Thanks.

2. Bert D

Bert D Well-Known Member

Go to HK's website and see FAQ's, they "imply" that HK is stable @ 4 ohm. I may run 4 ohm on some of the speakers on my 525 I just got, ( have not yet tried out the receiver) so we will see.

3. Gary Joe

Gary Joe Well-Known Member

I run 4ohm mains on my 325 with no prob. It get's fairly hot but it hasn't shut off yet, plus I only have about 2" clearance from the top 1" to the right but open to the back and left.

4. henning hoffmann

henning hoffmann Well-Known Member

I run my main 3 speakers 4 ohm on my AVR500, and my rear two speakers 8 ohm. No problems.

5. Jaimin

Jaimin Well-Known Member

On my parents 525, I setup the receiver with an axiom epic 80 speaker system. The fronts are 4 ohms, the center and 2 rears are 6 ohm. I was able to turn the receiver to a high volume with no problem. I think it will handle 4 ohm loads fine.