What's new

Gunsmoke: Season 7 and beyond (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I just received Gunsmoke Season 7, Volume 1. The transfers look great! I was a little disappointed by the transfers in the Season 6 releases; I didn't think they were as strong as earlier seasons. With Season 7, CBS/Paramount returns to its previous high standards of picture quality. The season 7 episodes look much better in this set than they do on the Western Channel. I'm also happy that subtitles and a few episode previews were also included.
I'm stunned that they have made it this far with Gunsmoke! I'd love from them to continue and get through the black and white years. I hope they keep to the accelerated schedule. If so, maybe they could finish the black and white years sometime in 2014!

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Now they have got to the hour long episodes are there any extras included like the 'Sponsor Spots' they had on the half hour episode releases?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The only extras on the Season 7 discs are "preview trailers" for a few episodes ("Next on Gunsmoke"...) as well as two "sponsor spots."

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Received my 7th season set but still finishing up with season 6 Vol. 2. Glad the video quality is high!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Here's the announcement of the release of season 8 from www.tvshowsondvd.com! http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gunsmoke-Season-8/18028 They're going to release both halves of the season on the same day, May 7th! Here's hoping they get through the black and white years of Gunsmoke; only 3 more BW seasons to go! The final season of Have Gun - Will Travel was announced too, as split-season sets, with both halves also being released on May 7th. http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gun-Travel-Season-6/18027 Also May 7th, there will be a Have Gun complete series pack. Wouldn't it be nice if there were to release a complete series set of Have Gun with the first 3 season remastered the way the last 3 seasons are. A guy can dream.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news that they are keeping the Gunsmokes coming fast but I hope the big price increase on Gunsmoke is a mistake from $36.95 a volume for season 7 to $49.99 a volume that means even with online discounts the whole season will run between $65.00 - $70.00. Pretty pricey, especially for a retail release. As a fan I'll be forced to buy but If true I hope it doesn't kill sales and thus future volumes.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I hope they'll continue on with the color seasons also. I just hate to start investing in the series and them drop the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks