What's new

Gunsmoke - re incorrect episode on S2 vol 1 (1 Viewer)

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Hello people of HTF

Has anyone had any contact with CBS about the fact that ep 7 on the s2 vol 1 dvd set of Gunsmoke was a s4 episode with a similar name. Considering the interest in their screw ups on The Fugitive I think they managed to get away scot free on this one.

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
You Are Very Observant i Missed That One,They Made a Small Mistake On The Have Gun Will Travel Second Season,Episode Number 58 The Treasure Trail Is In Fact Hunt The Man Down Episode Number 60 And Episode 60 Is Episode 58.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
That's very interesting, Mustang. A simple authoring mistake that CBS could fix on the next run of of that HGWT set.

I am surprised that more has not been made out of CBS putting the wrong episode on the set. With the noise made about The Fugitive (quite rightly!) they, at least, tried to appease fans with a reprint of the s2 v1 set. With Gunsmoke nothing!

I'm written by email but received nothing in return.

ST

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
I contacted CBS/Paramount around the time of release to inform them of the mix-up, but never received a reply. It was my hope that with each succeeding release, How to Cure a Friend would be added as a bonus, or that when season four was released, it would take the place of How to Kill a Friend. Sadly, it appears that season four won't be released after all.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Hey again Todd

I know how you feel about the lack of Gunsmoke releases and the lack of attention to detail re the wrong episode. My instinct tells me that dvd releases of series that sell less well will be back on the menu when the economy recovers properly. Our best lobbyist is tvshowsondvd as they seem to have insider contacts that we can't get through to at CBS. I never saw Gunsmoke as a child but have taken to it through these dvd sets.

Best

David

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
I've just heard that CBS have put the wrong opening and closing credits on Have Gun S4, syndicated credits instead of the originals. Once again, shoddy work, or top of the authoring error mentioned earlier.

Best

ST

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
According to TV Shows on DVD, the just-announced Season 4, Volume 1 DVD release will include the missing Season 2 episode "How to Cure a Friend." Ideally, I'd have preferred a reissue of the Season 2 DVD with the correct episode, but this is an acceptable compromise, I think. At least the episode will finally be available on DVD.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm really interested in the color seasons of Gunsmoke(starting with season 11 I believe).

I'm 36 years old, and would really like to see them released before collecting my social security checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks