What's new

Guncon 2 (1 Viewer)

Steve_J

Grip
Does anyone know when the Guncon 2 will become available for sale by itself, indepedent of Time Crisis 2? I ask because I bought the game with the gun but I thought it'd be fun to play with two people or have one person with two guns. Thanks.
[Edited last by Steve_J on October 03, 2001 at 09:34 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Why not just make a friend who has a PS2? Then, you could hook your PS2s together and play on separate TVs.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Have the game, but, unfortunately, it doesn't support my widescreen RPTV. It would have been great to do the split screen with a second player!
Elbert

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I also read that you can get a 2nd gun and do dual gun, single player...hehehe...cool :)
I'm gonna buy this. I was thinking of asking for it for christmas, but I'd have to carry it back with me on the airplane...and I know security would confiscate a plastic light gun with tons of buttons and a cord coming out of it...
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You could buy a Guncon and use it with your Guncon 2 or just buy Time Crisis or Project Titan and get a Guncon with it.
I heard you can do the two gun single player thing and have another person hold the second gun so its like the arcade. Even though its not really two player its still cool.
I wish I could play this on the "big" TV.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
I almost passed on Time Crisis 2....on the box it says that it is not compatible with RPTV's.....my set up uses a Sony 61" (4:3 format). Luckily I was in a local store that had TC2 hooked up to their 55" RPTV and it was working fine.
I spoke to the guy there and he says that they had been running it for approximately 8 hours with no problems.
So I picked it my copy and have been having a blast since. I have not encountered any "calibration" problems and the accuracy seems unaffected.
I do have a question though...has any one figured out how to hook up the "two gun" mode? I have tried it with the Guncon 2 in the usb port and putting a first generation Guncon in both controller port 1 and 2....it starts but I can't get the action to engage....any thoughts?? I'm wondering if its because I am using two different generation of Guncons? I was under the impression that TC2 was compatible with the original Guncon.
I have two first generation Guncons and I'm going to try using those two together to see if that works, I'll keep you posted.
Phil

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
I have a Sony KP61V80, its coming up on its 2nd birthday...its not high definition, but has a great picture. I normally run component cables, but for TC2, I have to switch my cables back to the old composite ones.
I'm spoiled and play all my games on this bad boy and have been very pleased with its performance so far...I'm trying to talk my "Better Half" into getting a HD projector so I can go really big, but so far she's not buying into the idea. One draw back to the projector idea is that I won't be able to play any light gun games on it. But playing on on the 61" isn't to bad of a compromise.
I have my GameCube on order and can't wait...
Phil

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
Also, the store that I saw TC2 first running on a RPTV was using an "older" (about 4 years old) Toshiba, not sure which model.
Phil

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Phil,
That's why it works. I've never seen a 480i RPTV that can't play light gun games; sometimes the contrast needs adjusting.
But, progressive and HD sets cannot play any light gun games for any released console except for the Dreamcast with a 480p cable. The game has to be coded for progressive scan, and the console has to support progressive scan natively (no external doubler).
The exception is the old 56 and 65" Panasonic widescreens, they have a 480i mode that you can turn on.
I was sorely disappointed when the PS2 came out and could not support progressive graphics. Inexcusable in this day and age.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
You are so right....Sony definitely dropped the ball on the progressive scan support front. I'm actually kind of relieved that I own an older RPTV....I was really depressed shortly after buying my set when about 2 months later Sony released their Hi Scan series....before then you had to buy an XBR series and that was just too cost prohibitive. If I had a High Def. set I would be SOL on the light gun games and I'm a big fan of the Point Blank series and Time Crisis...all the light gun games are great "party" games that everyone can play....especially my non-gaming friends.
Do you know if the GameCube will eventually support progressive scan games? I know from reading other threads that the Panasonic DVD/GameCube will not support progressive scan, does that mean the GC can't or won't?
It might be a mute point anyway since the big N didn't release a light gun for the N64....remember the good old days of Duck Hunt?
On an earlier thread (month or so ago) there was some hope that the new Sony remote/updated drivers would enable the PS2 to be progressive scan....I know that isn't the case, but is that a possibility in the future?
Phil
Morgan,
Thanks, I'll try their web-site, cause the manual didn't seem to help me...
Phil

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I tried DC's House of the Dead2 using the 480p to my widescreen RPTV (65") and it didn't work. So, I gave up and relegated both consoles to a puny SONY 20" analog tv
Elbert

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Phil,
I don't have a second Guncon (yet) but I think this is how you hook up a Guncon2 and Guncon at the same time:
Plug the GC2 into the top USB port (port 1) of the system, and plug the video cable into the t-connector. Plug the GC1 into the second controller port of the system, and the video cable into the other end of the t-connector.
I remember reading that USB port 1 takes over controller port one, and USB port 2 over controller port 2.
Edit:
Check page 8 of the manual, there's a good diagram there.
[Edited last by Rob Speicher on October 11, 2001 at 01:21 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just got this game, along with Silent Hill 2 and ICO, and its great.
Tomorrow, my friend and I are trying to use a GC2 and a GC1 on TC2, so I'll tell you how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks