What's new

Guesses On CBS Releases For August (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
If their usual pattern continues of announcing their advance releases on the second Tuesday of the month, next Tuesday would be the day. Usually 2 or 3 titles. They usually do three months in advance, so the upcoming announcements would be for August. Any guesses?

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Barnaby Jones Season Two? One can hope!!!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
What I'm hoping for will only happen on MOD, and even that's highly unlikely: Slattery's People and The Great Adventure. They're both CBS productions, but I'm not holding my breath (I don't look good in blue!).

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Personally, I hope we get a big surprise and see Season 4 of Hillbillies. Barnaby would be nice also

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wish they would release NCIS on blu ray and The Mentalist, i see Person Of Interest, a show i really like, is getting a blu ray release but NCIS which is huge right now is not getting any release on the blu ray format, don't know why that is, maybe TV shows which repeat a lot don't sell so well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
FoxyMulder said:
I wish they would release NCIS on blu ray and The Mentalist, i see Person Of Interest, a show i really like, is getting a blu ray release but NCIS which is huge right now is not getting any release on the blu ray format, don't know why that is, maybe TV shows which repeat a lot don't sell so well.
Of course The Mentalist and Person of Interest, though airing on CBS, are produced by Warners. NCIS is a CBS/Paramount release and they don't do a lot of Blu-ray series. NCIS:LA did one season on Blu and then switched to DVD only and Hawaii Five-O has done its first two seasons on Blu. I'll be interested to see if it continues.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Love Boat, the complete series. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
While we’re dreaming, I’d love to hear an announcement for season 4 of Cannon, even though that would be the MOD route. And maybe with the last two Perry Mason releases being accelerated, they’ll also accelerate the last two seasons of Rawhide as well. And then - (drumroll) - the decks are cleared and the skids are greased for Barnaby Jones. Seriously, I only use it for medicinal purposes.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
GMBurns said:
And maybe with the last two Perry Mason releases being accelerated, they’ll also accelerate the last two seasons of Rawhide as well.
I'd say this is a very, very good guess. But that's just me. ;)

Gary "I just wish CBS would have remastered S1 and S4 (which is still a real head-scratcher to me)" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
I'd say this is a very, very good guess. But that's just me. ;)

Gary "I just wish CBS would have remastered S1 and S4 (which is still a real head-scratcher to me)" O.
I think that's a good guess
23utvyp.jpg

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
You are probably right on Mason. I like it to, but I guess with a half season left, I was hoping for a little something different. With a few notable exceptions (Dynasty, Laverne and Shirley, finishing Mannix and Have Gun), it seems like the past year almost all they have done is rotate Rawhide, Mason,Gunsmoke, and Bonaza with little thats new. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but when are we gonna see something different?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm curious to see what will happen now that Mason and Have Gun are ending and Rawhide, Dynasty, and Laverne and Shirley are near completion. That pretty much leaves only the two westerns as continuing series. Is the general feeling that they will unstall some things or slowly wind down releasing classic TV as a whole? They don't seem real invested in their MOD program either so I'm not sure what to expect.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The signals are mixed so it's a bit unclear what their plans are and what to expect regarding classic TV, but they'd make lots of fans happy if they sped up the MOD route if they feel anyway it's somehow too risky or expensive for them with the standard DVD. Because, would they really give say The Magician a shot on DVD (even if Bixby's quite a popular name still), if not then what exactly is stopping a MOD way.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I guess it's possible Cannon Season 3 tanked and they abandoned the whole idea. It's strange that we've heard nothing else about any future releases at all. I hope that's not the case as I would at least like to see Cannon finished if nothing else.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Well, in theory at least sales should matter less for studios' MOD titles than traditionally manufactured releases, and it did take them an awful long time just to get S3 of Cannon out after it'd been announced many months before it happened, so I still have high hopes we'll see more from them shortly. Picture-wise it looks just like the two first releases, so being DVD-R shouldn't really keep fans from not getting it.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Perry Mason Season 9--Volume 2, as well as both volumes of Gunsmoke Season 9 are available for pre-order on Amazon with cover art already shown. I assume that those three sets will be released in August.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Frank Soyke said:
. With a few notable exceptions (Dynasty, Laverne and Shirley, finishing Mannix and Have Gun), it seems like the past year almost all they have done is rotate Rawhide, Mason,Gunsmoke, and Bonaza with little thats new. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff too, but when are we gonna see something different?

Noticeably absent is the fact that everyone here is failing to mention ST:TNG which CBS is releasing, and doing a pretty damn good job at it. Granted I have some older shows that I would love to see as well, and some more current ones that I don’t understand why they have not been released on blu ray.

Where is “ I Love Lucy” the first season on blu, I seriously thought that it being one of the cornerstones of CBS would have at least been announced by now, but instead I was surprised and have the Dick Van Dyke Show, not the same but damn entertaining just as well.

For all the complaints or waiting, I look at it this way, at least CBS is still releasing classic series, on pressed disc, a lot on the other hand are going the MOD route.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks