What's new

Directors Guess that review (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Here's an excerpt from a film review. You need to guess what film this is from. If no one can do it, I may turn it into a multiple choice format.

"There is no document of civilization that is not a document of barbarism," said the great German-Jewish post-modernist philosopher Walter Benjamin, just before he overdosed on morphine in 1940.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Very good guesses. However, time to make this multiple choice. :)

"There is no document of civilization that is not a document of barbarism," said the great German-Jewish post-modernist philosopher Walter Benjamin, just before he overdosed on morphine in 1940.

a) Fantasia
b) Taxi Driver
c) Birth of a Nation
d) 2001
e) Saving Private Ryan

I'll reveal the answer tomorrow night.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member

I cheated and Googled for the 1492 answer. It was the only movie that came up associated with that quote in the first 3-4 pages of hits.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Steve,

My signature is not, I repeat, NOT a screenshot contest.

Thank you for your cooperation.

JKS

[EDIT]: What are you doing in Polls anyway??

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh: I tripped, fell, next thing I knew I was in George's thread.

Still trying to figure out Bill's signature shot, hmmmm... Bareback Mountain? Bill?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well since Brook spilt the beans.

Yes, it's 2001. It's so completely irrelevant, that it jumped out at me, hence this thread.

I was going to make this into a contest, but I'm not sure I can find any other reviews that contain such irrelevance. :)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I Yahoo'ed it and saw that this quote was used in several movie reviews, like Cape Fear and LOTR.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK, here's another one.

"It's the best film I've seen in the last 10 years. The acting was superb, the script one of the finest, and the directing? Out of this world. I cheered inwardly at scene after scene." The author? It's a Wonderful Life director Frank Capra.

I'll reveal the movie that this is from a review of tomorrow morning. The goal for you - try to guess it before then without googling. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks