What's new

Group Play III- New Year Mech Assault Bash (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The way it looks we will have full rooms tonight which should make for a lot of fun.

Notes for tonight

Just so everyone knows there will be 3 rooms. One by myself CaptDS9E, one by FutureVoid and one by A Clan Of One. Even though we start at 10 PM EST I will make a room around 9:30 and start the invites. It will probably fill quickly but i will wait a little before starting so i can check out if everyone got into a room or not. Then around 10 the other guys will make there rooms and send invites. Once a room is filled we will start a new game. As the night goes on I will peak at the friends list and if less people are on we will start combining rooms.

Well see everyone there

capt

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'll be on tonight for the 10PM EST game. My gamertag is potempkin. I already have Romier on my friends list, but not you Joey.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Great games as always tonight guys. Sorry I had to leave, but I was having a ton of network connection problems and got to the point were it was just plain frustrating, so I decided to call it a night. Hope to see you guys next time.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah guys, I'll echo Scott's comments...great games, when I could actually join one. I spent the majority of my time swearing at the tv...hopefully next time will be better.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Eek, sorry to hear that guys. I may not have some of you on my friends list to send invites (I know I have you Scott). I'll try my best next week to get you guys into the game asap.

Great matches tonight guys. I think the old Catapult is being put on the retirement block for awhile as the Uziel is really becoming a fast favorite. Awesome night of gaming. Thanks guys!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Man that was fun. That was the first time that I have gotten to play with all of you on xbox live. I must say it was an absolute blast. Some highlights

"No its the top button, no, no"-Cal
"hahahah"-everybody

"Alright that's what Im talking about"-Brett
"Those were teammates"-Not sure who informed me of this

and of course anybody who is brave enough to be the Elemental.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Have to skip next week as I am w/o Unreal... if I am online, be sure to invite me if you want to play some Ghost Recon or Mech Assault :)
"I respawned in lava" :D
PS: Sorry to all those I offended with my ever-so-bad language and gestures (well, you can't see those at least) ;)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL yes guys last night was a lot of fun. Between the

"I spawned in Lava" comment to the "Final Fantasy is a RPG" song and everyone quoting darth vader all night it was a blast :) See everyone next week for unreal.

Darth go rent unreal for next thursday, it wouldnt be a game night without ya :)

capt

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I had a good time as well when I could get on. I was worried that I was the only one who couldn't get on half the time.

What kind of connection are you guys getting from the XBOX? I only get an U/L of around 130+/- and D/L of 475+/- from hitting Y at the connection screen when I get U/l of around 230 and D/L of 1250 using a computer hooked to the same router.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I dont know why but it seems the Romier, Leo and myself that run the games have good connections for Mech Assault. We worried that we wouldnt but havent had any problems. I hope you get a better connection next time so you can play some more. Its fun having players i dont see much

Also guys for those who like reading my small report from the night before's events, The web site will be updated when i get home from work with it. I woke up late and have to head off to work.

Capt

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Joey, when I first logged on and received your invite, I couldn't join your room. I would first get a warning message about the connection and then it would tell me the game was no longer available. This was also happening to BdoUK. However, we were allowed to join ClanofOne's room. Very stange.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Romier...not your fault, I got an invite from you and from Joey but I had the same problems Oscar mentioned; poor connection message followed by either host not responding or game session no longer available (but was able to join A Clan of One's game twice).

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Same here for TheBard. I would get an invite and then couldn't join. Oh well, the few warm up games I got into were fun. Here's hoping for next time!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Yeah, Joey, I'm in the same boat as Oscar when trying to join your room in MechAssault. It's a hit-or-miss proposition. I should receive my new Toshiba PCX2200 modem today (to replace a SurfBoard 4200) and will get that up and running over the weekend to see if it makes a difference. I don't know if anyone here has been following the thread over at xbox.com about "optimizing your modem" for Xbox Live, but this is supposed to be a "miracle" modem that's been giving 9 out of 10 users much improved performance. We shall see...

MattJS

Grip
All I can say is.....
Beer Monkey is Clan of One's B***h!
What a blast....I too had probs connecting, but made it through a few times....
Thanks to The Bard for the warmups, even though his PPC made me feel like I was is target practice....
Tiny Elvis....I am gunning for ya! ;)
Matt (aka Jackie Trehorn)
p.s. At least I only came in last once!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks