What's new

GROSSE POINTE on DVD (1 Viewer)

Venice-H

Agent

It started when I found a hold on my credit card from Amazon. It wasn't for the full amount, so I went to my order page to find out what was going on. The other DVD I ordered at the same time as GP was ready to ship, but GP was showing a ship date in mid-January 2007.

Amazon asked me to confirm that yes, I still wanted to keep the order intact even through the delay. So I still have it on order, but the other DVD has been shipped.

Apologies for causing a tempest in a teapot.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I did that as soon as I saw Venice's post. On my order, nothing had changed, and it still hasn't. Shipping estimate for Grosse Pointe is between Nov. 12 and 19, 2006.

M.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Just rechecked my order with Amazon. My estimated delivery date has now been changed from November 15th to January 17th as well.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In fact that's a totally standard e-mail. I got it once or twice in the past year.

In one case, my ordered items simply appeared to be delayed less than two weeks, in a much worse case I got the message twice (after the firstly mentioned time had passed), and finally a note saying the item (a book) was no longer available.

The new shipping date may, or may not, be specific for the item. They tend to "cover" themselves, is my experience.
Except in the one case mentioned above, when they couldn't deliver at all, all such items arrived long before the date they mentioned.

(Which in turn doesn't prove a thing about the case at hand in this thread.)

Cees

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There is a potential upside to this. Maybe Sony will think twice in the future about giving Amazon an exclusive. :)

My order still shows shipment between Sept. 12 and 19. Just to see what would happen, I called Amazon's customer service number, and the rep. said her screen shows that they have received sets and that the sets are on their way to the fulfillment center.

As a further example of how little regard one should pay to Amazon's emails, immediately after my inquiry I received the following email:

Like Amazon, I hold military personnel in high regard, but I am not now, and have never been, in the military.

M.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Ooops: I got the message too. It says:

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: January 18, 2007 - January 20, 2007 1 of: Grosse Pointe - The Complete Series
Sold by: Amazon.com

But on the Grosse Pointe page it says "

Availability: Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. "

Brother! I'm not going to sleep, nor am I going to be able to relax until the dvd is in my hand. Maybe they should ship a copy of Mel Brooks' "High Anxiety" along with it.

Venice-H

Agent
I'm sure the five of us who are still interested have read the latest news, so I won't bother quoting it. I'll just comment that Amazon is now showing "usually ships within 4 to 7 weeks", but my estimated ship date hasn't changed.

Goodness knows when the thing will finally ship for real. Maybe we should start a pool...

Venice-H

Agent
Well well. It looks like Amazon has finally found those missing boxes, because my copy has now shipped. Perhaps others will have theirs shipped also. Check those orders.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Mine's not shipped, but it's being prepared for shipment. So yes, they obviously found the inventory.

M.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
When did you all order it as my order is stuck and will not ship for a while still ?

I guess I ordered too late to make the 1st batch of orders.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I ordered mine on September 15, and it still said, will not be in stock until after Dec. 25th, and will not ship until the middle of Jan. I canceled the order. I've had enough.

Ron_Wi

Auditioning
I ordered mine on January 6, 2006. I have been informed the same, that it won't arrive until after 12/25. I will wait....this is one of my all-time favorite shows. Looking forward to reviews from those that are getting theirs soon!

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah so am I. I really want to know about the bonus features and music replacements, not to mention the packaging.
-James

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
OK, I have the set; so it definitely exists.

As previously noted, the title sequence (with "Sex Bomb") occurs only at the beginning of each of the two discs. Disc 1 has 9 episodes, and disc 2 has 8. On all episodes after the first one on each disc, the main credits are simply superimposed over the opening scene.

There are 4 commentaries and one interview with Darren Starr. I haven't had time to sample any of this, or to view anything but the beginning of a few episodes.

Video quality looks acceptable, but it's hard to say more after such a cursory review.

M.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Ordered mine on September 24th and received it yesterday. Can't wait until I have some time to pop it in the player.

DonHearth

Grip
So, a weird thing happened to me with this set. I had preordered this set from Amazon in August. As of last night, it still had not shipped. I cancelled the preorder, and put in a new order. This order shipped within 2-3 hours.

So, if some of you are still waiting on a pre-order from Amazon, I recommend that you cancel your order and reorder it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks