What's new

Grimm Season One (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen the latest episode, but really enjoying the show. According to the rating sites I look at, it will be renewed.
Let's hope they keep up the quality, plus and enjoy the location filming.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I really liked this Hansel and Gretel episode. It truly was pretty grim.
I wonder if the scratch on his hand will cause any problems?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
According to my Dish DVR schedule, I'd swear I saw some new episodes coming up in the next week or so. After the last update, now the only thing that shows is an episode from October 28th.
Hopefully just a mistake in their software. TV Guide network shows episodes for the next three Thursdays, but no description and their web site is such a mess, good luck getting any accurate info off of it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
NBC is rerunning some Grimm episodes on Thursdays at 10 until the new series taking the place of The Firm is ready to go in that slot, but new Grimm episodes continue on Fridays at 9 (its regular timeslot). It is preempted this week on Friday due to the NAACP awards show, but will have a new episode the following Friday.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
NBC is rerunning some Grimm episodes on Thursdays at 10 until the new series taking the place of The Firm is ready to go in that slot, but new Grimm episodes continue on Fridays at 9 (its regular timeslot). It is preempted this week on Friday due to the NAACP awards show, but will have a new episode the following Friday.
Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. I knew I'd seen the description of a new episode then it vanished. On the site I view, they predict a renewal by May, so should see at least a second season.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Two episodes in, and I'm sort of liking Grimm. It's the stories which are keeping my interest at the moment, and not the characters as well (who are a bit uninteresting).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Best episode yet, about the bees. Started off with an interesting puzzle and stayed mostly interesting to the end (bad CGI effects aside). It felt like an early X Files episode.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Grimm is looking pretty high on the list for renewal. I'm enjoying it and hope they're correct.
OT - Terra Nova may also make it. Since Alcatraz and The Finder probably won't, Terra Nova seems to be the fall back.
OT - Cougar Town may not make it unless a syndicated channel picks it up. I'm guessing the super late start to the season really screwed things up.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by Stan /t/315821/grimm/30#post_3902917
Grimm is looking pretty high on the list for renewal. I'm enjoying it and hope they're correct.
OT - Terra Nova may also make it. Since Alcatraz and The Finder probably won't, Terra Nova seems to be the fall back.
OT - Cougar Town may not make it unless a syndicated channel picks it up. I'm guessing the super late start to the season really screwed things up.
I really enjoyed the episode last night especially the very end with Hitler. Sure the CGI was a bit off during that scene but just showing the coins on his collar/lapel was interesting.

I'll gladly accept a renew of this show. And I can let Alacatraz go if Terra Nova stays. But Cougar Town? Awe man, I really like that show. It's just so goofy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was among my favorites of the season, too, and a really fast-paced episode. I could hardly believe when the production screen came up signalling the end of the hour.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gradually liking this show more, despite the dodgy CGI. Plenty of on location scenes in "Lonelyhearts" (the house with the frogs in the flower garden was striking). Is this show filmed in British Columbia/Vancouver? The bridge in the teaser and after the onscreen Grimm logo was familiar (the same one shown in the Supernatural pilot?).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've only been to Portland a few times, but if it's not filmed in Portland, they found a very similar location. Vancouver BC seems the place to go, but hard to tell with this one.
I drove the Astoria Oregon bridge once coming up the coast and that was my first reminder. Probably completely wrong, but wherever it is, it certainly looks passable, especially to those of us with just a minor memory of the area.
Kind of like Santa Barbara in Psych. A place I'd like to live, but we're seeing the Hollywood version, just the best and not even close to reality.
Not sure what you mean by the dodgy CGI. The facial transformations aren't great, but they're adequate for network TV. Is there something more that I'm missing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Stan /t/315821/grimm/30#post_3905157
Not sure what you mean by the dodgy CGI. The facial transformations aren't great, but they're adequate for network TV. Is there something more that I'm missing.
It looks a bit fake and not as realistic in some other shows (like there's a lower budget been spent on the special effects compared to other visual aspects of Grimm). When watching Grimm I'd forgot it was an NBC show, as I was thinking it was on The CW (would like to stress that I don't think a show on The CW is cheap looking).

Am wondering where they're going with the sub-plot involving the two detectives' boss.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to what the boss has to do with things in the future. Can't remember but does he know one of his employees is a Grimm?
CGI is allright, not great so I see what you mean. The worst I ever saw was on a show last summer about doctors in the Amazon or someplace in that area. They had a shot of a well and for some reason did CGI on a portion of the well to try and make it look old. Whatever they did was terrible and you couldn't watch the scene without your eyes being drawn to the CGI portion. It was blurry and seemed to be filmed at a different frequency as the rest of the scene. It was terribly annoying.
Maybe I just have sensitive eyes, because the same thing would happen where I worked. Certain icons drove me crazy, they seemed to vibrate and change color, yet nobody else noticed except me.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
When they say "smoking hot" they aren't kidding around ... :)
(And to think not too long ago she was just a 22 year old playing the daughter on Shark.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The boss does indeed know he has a Grimm as a detective.

I thought tonight's show was really good, fast paced and involving. I can't believe this strapping young man continually lets himself get thrown around by his adversaries, however. He takes more of a beating week in and week out than any other detective on television.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Fabulous Panabaker Sisters.
He consistently gets his ass kicked because most of his foes have superhuman strength. Maybe in the future, he'll find he does, too. I think he needs some Grimm training.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks