What's new

Grimm Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I have not watched this episode yet (or the last one before the hiatus) but this show is rapidly approaching "wait until the season is over to watch it" status. And if they end the season on a cliffhanger, I may wait longer. I'm patient, I waited 2 years to catch up on "The Dead Zone" .

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm glad things are getting out in the open. The "sex" scene with Cappy and Juliette made me think this was not an episode that would really work for anyone just tuning in to give it a shot. Kind of bizzaro.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, the first episode back after a long hiatus continuing with the dangling storylines and not really resolving them was kind of frustrating. I'm glad to have the show back, but wrap it up and get on to something more interesting than Adalind (whose smug, smirky demeanor is such a turn-off).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by mattCR
Decent return for the show, though I hate it when we end on a cliffhanger after a middle section that was kind of weak.
I now am completely confused as to the captain's position on anything.. is he aligning with the rebels against the other royals, is that it?
I've always thought the Cap is a prince in exile, so it's not surprising that he has an agenda separate from that of the other royals. And he did say that if his brother (presumably the heir apparent?) gets the key, he (Cap) is dead.

Bill Coolidge

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked this ep. The characters were spot on and behaved in a real beleivable way instead of like TV characters doing what the writer needs them to do to stall a reveal or plot twist.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My DVR cut off a bit at the end. When it ended, Nick was lying on the floor, very red in the face, with everyone looking at him. Was there anything more after that? I also wish they'd get rid of the Adelind character.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One small scene after that:
Adalind looks at a positive pregnancy test and smirks.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
One small scene after that:
Adalind looks at a positive pregnancy test and smirks.
Something definitely weird going on with Adalind. Maybe she regains her "powers" or something else going on with her pregnancy, but it's a great show, looking forward to whatever is next.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This week's end was not to be missed. I like seeing Nick going badass, and I'm kind of hoping he becomes a merciless-if-you-mean-harm kind of Grimm that the vessen have always feared he was. To that end, I was kind of hoping he'd cockily taunt the guy in the school. "You can run, but now you're dealing with a Grimm."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Except for the way it ended, the scene with the captain was incredibly dull. I hope this Vienna royals thing either gets wrapped up or made more interesting soon.

I liked being a little ahead of the show, understanding that the common denominator was a non de plume from the start. Rage is absolutely not a fantasy book, however. Also, the scrambled letters were very obviously Rumpelstiltskin. I don't know why that never came up.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Greg_S_H said:
Except for the way it ended, the scene with the captain was incredibly dull. I hope this Vienna royals thing either gets wrapped up or made more interesting soon.

I liked being a little ahead of the show, understanding that the common denominator was a non de plume from the start. Rage is absolutely not a fantasy book, however. Also, the scrambled letters were very obviously Rumpelstiltskin. I don't know why that never came up.
I'd guess because that while the show's premise is based on Grimm's fairy tales, to actually use the unusual name of one (was it one, anyway?) would be a bit too much? But using the same letters, but not the name, is a nice nod to the roots of this show?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe also because Rumpel is a major part of Once Upon a Time. :) I think it was a Grimm's story, because that quote at the start of the show does come from a version of the story.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Greg_S_H said:
Maybe also because Rumpel is a major part of Once Upon a Time. :) I think it was a Grimm's story, because that quote at the start of the show does come from a version of the story.
Perhaps all of the "Fuchsteufelswild" take their names from the same group of letters. Rumpelstiltskin was just a distant relative. As time goes on it could be tricky to be original (or pronounceable).

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I am glad it's not in the death slot, but moving shows can hurt ratings. Here's hoping Grimm gets more viewers!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It will also need to improve in the ratings to achieve renewal on Tuesdays. Shows on Fridays get some leniency; other nights not so much.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
With all the "breaking News" tonight, I wonder if/when we will be able to see this weeks episode. I hope they just shift everything one week.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The episode tonight was preempted on the East Coast. I'm guessing the West Coast will get to see it, and I'll have to catch it On Demand.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Revolution was shifted by a week. It will be ending in June.I imagine all the networks will be doing some fancy scrambling over the next few weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks