What's new

Green Street Hooligans (1 Viewer)

JohnnyHa

Auditioning
Its a shame this movie didnt get much coverage in the US, its a really great movie. I saw it in between World Cup games to keep my soccer fix going. Anyways, I just picked it up on DVD and am really pleased. Anyone else a fan of this movie?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Funny to see this post today. I saw this movie at Block Buster Sunday and was going to rent it this coming weekend. I remember hearing about it on HBO and had completely forgot about it until this past weekend.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Rented it last week and enjoyed it. :)

Don't call it soccer!

SimonMonty

Auditioning
Real Name
Simon

I have soccer fever, with World Cup in full swing now, so Green Street Hooligans came out at the perfect time for me :) Very entertaining film, highly recommended for anyone that likes sports films. Very violent, great story, definitely giv eit a try.

Jamie.G

Auditioning
Wow what a great film. Truth be told I wasn't the biggest elijah wood fan (not a big fan of pretty boys) but I thought he did a great job in this movie. Really, he goes from being a wimp to being a stand up type of guy. The whole hooligan aspect of the movie was completely alien to me however I now have an understanding of why the hooligans do what the do. Couple of things to note. The movie has a high level of violence and ends on a somber note. Really though, I think many great films end in such a way. IMO Green Street is one of the best independant movies to come out in a long time.

Manuel_S

Auditioning
Real Name
Manuel Solis
I was actually lucky enough to hear about this movie in 2005 when it was in theaters. I simply love this movie and it was nice to actually see a good indie movie. I was surprised to see Elijah Wood taking a step away from big movies to be in this one. He fit the role well though, I was surprised. Love this movie though, I'm actually going to buy it later tonight. (The video store I'm a regular at sold out, so I'm waiting for their call.)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I finally just watched this movie last weekend. I really like it and it was a big jump from Everything is Illuminated which I had just watched a couple weeks before. This move could almost be called Fight Club 2 which is probably the reason I liked it so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks