What's new

Green Spots on my TV? (1 Viewer)

JamesDrake

Agent
I have a Sharp 32 inch Television that is now 2 yrs old. In recent weeks , I've been getting a couple of large yellow-green spots on the right upper hand corner of the scren. I don't have any speakers or other devices near it that may cause this. It happens when I use the DVD as well as normal programming.

I have a 3 year extended service plan on top of the regular warranty.

What other info do you need to make a prognosis?

Thanks,
James

JamesDrake

Agent
Thanks for the tip.

I don't remember the model but it is not an LCD or flat screen it is just I guess what you'd call a CRT. Would that make a difference?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
CRTs are susceptible to magnetic interference.

Sometimes you can get rid of a minor problem by unplugging the set for a day or two.

If this does not work, try degaussing.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
i bought a deguassing ring.....but the directions are not really clear. do you use it with the tv off or on?

and how far from the tv do you use it?

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to check your contract setting. On some TVs, the contrast is so overdriven, it causes the shadow mask to warp My 27" Panasonic (I think it's a panablack) was like this. The correct contrast setting on this set was actually lower than the user controls.

You probably still need to degause your screen, but it wouldn't hurt to calibrate your set (even if it's only adjusting the contrast down).

Cheers!
Mass

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks