What's new

Green Mile went Blu this week!?!!? (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Apparently, it's a Best Buy exclusive. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9570369&st=green+mile&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=2054362

Anyone gotten their hands on it yet? I plan on going in the morning. THIS is the kind of movie that needed to go Blu. The single disc DVD was matted (with a horrid snapcase, no less), and the anamorphic transfer was split on 2 discs. Who wants that shit? Blu-Ray FTW!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Just for the record, the original single-disc DVD release of this film was in anamorphic widescreen, and it was re-issued in a standard keep case after Warner abandoned the snapper. (And who cares about the case, anyway?) Barring any serious issues with it, this new Blu-ray will obviously best any prior release of the film, but the two DVDs were both fine releases with no real issues.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This is definitely news to me, I didn't see it in the weekly ad. I'll try to pick it up this week, I see it is in stock at my local store.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by cafink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just for the record, (And who cares about the case, anyway?)
Just for the record, i care about the case too. Just cause you dont, thats fine, but some of us do. I know people who leave their discs sitting on the floor, so i guess they dont care about cases either. But of course, to each his own. I hate Digi Books too, and Warner really seems to love them now.
Anyway, regardless, i will have to wait for a general release of this, unless BB has a killer price, and they dont/wont.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I think that good artwork is definitely enhanced on a digibook. It gives it something extra. And because both Darabont movies released by Warner now have Drew Struzan artwork, it looks extremely good to me.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
These damn digi book cases are too much like snapcases. They should offer regular BD case box art for those of us that don't like their specialty shit packaging. :(

This doesn't seem to be playing very smoothly on my PS3. Anyone else noticed anything odd?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What?!? /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif
This got completely by me.
This showed up on NONE of the "new release" lists I routinely check. It also didn't show up on BB.com when I was checking this week's prices for the WRU. It also wasn't in their weekly flyer...
What the heck is going on?!? /img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif
Why bother to have an exclusive release of a high-profile film if you're not going to let anyone know about it? Crazy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
bb.com (from the link in the OP) says it is back-ordered.

Is $29.99 the price being charged in-store?!?

Maybe they just don't want to sell any copies of this title.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
still can put it in the cart and do in store pick up.
I love this movie but I'll wait 'till it's lower.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes it's $29.99 in the store. Just picked it up earlier this week but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's so weird how under the radar this was...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I usually don't buy any titles at this pricepoint, but yesterday I was shopping at BB and came across this title and couldn't help myself. I watched it last night and was very pleased with the video and audio presentations. This is such a great film that should be given a general release in the next several months.

Crawdaddy

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
FYI.. just picked this up at BB and although it is marked $29.99, its ringing up at $20.99 which matches the online price.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Picked this up yesterday. Decidedly more detailed than the 2-disc DVD, and quite different looking. Much stronger contrast and darker.
For the record, I like Digibooks, and this one is enhanced by the use of a shiny foil, illuminating the window behind Tom Hanks on the cover.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
With the untimely passing of Michael Clarke Duncan this past week, I checked Amazon and see that they have it for $14.99. I think it is at that price at Best Buy also. But I picked up the Amazon deal and not sorry I did. What an outstanding actor he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks