What's new

"Greed" and "Untamed" on I Tunes (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I was browsing the I Tunes library and found that the "restored TCM version" of GREED and also a beautiful widescreen version of UNTAMED with Susan Hayward and Tyrone Power are available for purchase for $9.99. I Tunes never has a section for new classic releases but they seem to be added on a regular basis. The only way to find them is to browse the entire library!
There are many titles that are not on DVD "Roots of Heaven" (WS) "Wild River" (WS) "Rains of Ranichpur" (WS) "Tender is the Night" (FS) "Beloved Infidel" (FS) "Tall Story" (WS) "Damnation Alley" (WS) "Such Good Friends" (FS) Rabbit Run" (WS). Is is too bad that there are so many titles that have been shown on cbale in widescreen format but are being presented fullscreen on I Tunes.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Great info about Untamed, a film I have wanted for a long time.

I don't know how I tunes works. Is Untamed anamorphic wide screen, Is it sterso and if so, what kind- 2.0, 4.0 ???

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Only Rains of Ranchipur is on the Australian iTunes store.

All of these should be out on DVD. I've wanted to see Roots of Heaven and Untamed for ages.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Wow, thanks for the itunes tip! They actually have a widescreen version of FAREWELL, MY LOVELY that doesn't look to be in too bad a shape. The dvd I paid way too much money for years ago is only fullscreen.

Thanks

Will (who never paid attention to itunes for other than music downloads but is now enlightened) Krupp :)

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
How does it work with iTunes - it downloads on to your computer - then what? You can burn it to DVD?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
That same version of FAREWELL, MY LOVELY is on cable these days. Are these films just ripped off from telecasts? Seems dubious to me...but I've always wanted to see SUCH GOOD FRIENDS...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
actor Jack O'Halloran who was in farewell my lovely is working to get a proper version of the movie on dvd. the movie channel played the HD version. looked very nice in widescreen.

Jacob

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by BillyFeldman

How does it work with iTunes - it downloads on to your computer - then what? You can burn it to DVD?
They are copy protected so they can't be converted to a DVD-Video. The downloads are 720p, they can be played from iTunes or an Apple TV. They also include an iPod version which can be played back on an iPod or iPhone that is associated with the iTunes account used to download the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks