What's new

Greatest American Hero!!! (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I ordered my copy today.. Really looking forward to receiving this one and season 2 is not far off either!!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Update on tvshowsondvd. Looks like its gonna be a good set with some interviews plus cover art for season 2. I can't wait for this.

One question though is the release date for season 1 the 8th or the 15th?

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
David Lambert (who is a "Know-it-All and Max Verbosity Member") says:

I believe David (even if he does wear a weird red clown nose like Patch Adams)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I for one love the look of the season 1 boxart. But looking at the coverart for season 2.. I don't know... I just don't care for the look of the silver suit. Where does this idea come from? is it from an episode that I have forgotten about over the years?

Oh well... either way... both sets will be mine! :D

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not buying this if the original music isn't intact! Someone PLEASE let us know if it is before the release date.

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
None of the songs used in the show were performed by the original artists. They were all re-recorded by studio artists for use on the show. This was common practice in the early eighties so that they could use the songs for a significantly lower licensing fee. Therefore, they should be intact on the DVD. It wasn't until Miami Vice that it became common for TV shows to use original artists' performances.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I realize that but there would still be a licensing fee involved since it is going to be on video for the first time. It frightens me anytime a studio has to pony up a little extra $$$ for a DVD release. (They tend to try to find other ways around paying extra money.)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
David.. little correction for the news item..

The Greatest American Heroine was AIRED during the syndication run of the program, both on regular stations and in the early days of FX (but has NOT been aired during it's run on SHOWCASE ACTION in Canada). So it's not in the 'unaired' category...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Cannell Co's information - which was sent through Anchor Bay's info system - specifically said Heroine was unaired. Here's the quote:

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Generally speaking, "unaired" means it wasn't aired during the original network run. In that context, "Greatest American Heroine" is accurately listed as "unaired."

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The original Star Trek pilot ("The Cage") could certainly be called "unaired," since it wasn't aired during the original series run. It popped up years later in syndication as a one-off special (I don't know if current syndication packages include it), but I'd still call it "the unaired original Star Trek pilot." I'd also consider the "Heroine" pilot "unaired."

Goodness, are we really arguing about this?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
So "Greatest American Heroine" unaired pilot is in the season one set then ? Thats pretty cool i didn't even notice that reading the specs, must have overlooked it. I was gonna ask down the road about it possibly being in season 3 set. Who actually played the Heroine ? as i have never seen this. I got charged for my set today so it looks like its shipping early :emoji_thumbsup:

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I have ordered a bunch of dvds from them and have not had any problems. Except my 1st order from them. It was over $200 or so and they tried to verify I was who I claimed to be and they couldn't verify the phone number matched the shipping address. I shipped the stuff to an address different from the billing address otherwise they wouldn't have ran the check. To keep this short they canceled my order and I didn't find out until I checked the status 7 days later when I had expected the DVDs to arrive. At this point several of the items were out of stock delaying receiving the out of stock items by about 3-4 weeks. But I think this was because of how close it was to the holidays that the reorder was placed.

I have since then ordered at least 5 more times and got the DVDs in about a week (free shipping method). I have also not encountered any out of stock items either.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Dates and other such...

Greatest American Hero 1981-1983
Greatest American Heroine 1986

(Robert Clup got old fast in those 3 years)

since GAHeroine filmed three years after the series ended, it obviously could not have aired during the 'original broadcast', but DID air in the syndication package.

Mary Ellen Stuart - Holly Hathaway in GAHeroine (and she the suit DEFINATELY fit her better than Ralph).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks