What's new

Greatest American Hero!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I think enough time has passed, but the people in charge never ask me. (Of course I never would have even known this attempted assassin's name if I hadn't read about a character on "Greatest American Hero" whose name had to be changed because of it.)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
GAH was run on FX in its early days, and in normal syndication in the US. The Showcase versions are very nice, and if they are cut, there are only small cuts. The fact that the Showcase prints are as nice as they are gives me hope that this series will get a decent release. I have all of the episodes from the original airing, and I can't wait until the series debuts on DVD. This is definitely a series worth having!

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
OK, you guys talked me into it!
For 17.99 -it should hold some good memories...

(Believe it or not...)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I saw Aryn's cover in post #29 of this thread, I was hesitant (no offense intended, Aryn) to think that this was the final cover art. Anchor Bay's TV releases have pretty steadily had pics of the star characters on them, and I really thought that what Aryn showed couldn't be final...it looked too "plain" compared to what AB usually put out. That's why I didn't comment nor use that art at TSoD.

Turns out I was correct; I posted the final cover art this morning:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
David: No Offense taken .. thanks for the corrected artwork!

I am pumped up about the remington steele announcement to!

Jimmy M

Second Unit
How likely is it that Anchor Bay will provide accurate information about the music in the show before the release date?

Jimmy!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anchor Bay says the 8th, and that's what I put in my news, too.

Amazon says "15th" for some reason (but every other e-tailer says "8th"). Our release listing said 15th until a minute ago when I corrected it to the 8th. My guess is that Gord was setting up the Amazon link when he created that release listing, and used whatever date he saw in Amazon. Sorry about that if true.

Everything points to Feb. 8th except for one e-tailer (no matter how big they are). :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Joey, Here's some info on DeepDiscount. I buy approx 60% of my DVD's from them and the others from Amazon. I've had to return only 1 DVD (Mfgr coding problem defect) and they promptly sent me a replacement. They usually have the best pricing since they include shipping in their pricing in all orders regardless of the amount of the order. Since they are a smaller Co they don't have the options at their site like Amazon (one Amazon option that I've always liked is that other users can view your Wish List). The one exception on pricing that I've noticed is that Amazon has been beating them on pricing on most "pre-orders". DeepDiscount usually has the lower price for those DVD's that have already been released.

Hope this helps.

Hey, Dave L....didn't know you were a "singer" :)

R. Kay

Second Unit
I hear they replaced the theme music to 'Believe it or not, George isnt at home' ... George Costanza's answering machine message from Seinfeld.

:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I presume you are referring to the GAH news item where I quote the lyrics from the theme song! ;)

I love music, and can go along with many MANY popular songs and recall all the words as I go. However, if you ask anybody who's heard me sing, they'll tell you with certainly that David Lambert is no singer! :D

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Marc Singer...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Well said, Dave :) Yep, I saw the earlier GAH post with the lyrics. I too am into music (mainly Jazz-age stuff) and I "sing" a lot too - know a lot of the jazz "standard" lyrics. As long as there's no audience, I do ok :p)

Back to on-topic: GAH is a tough one for me to decide on getting...I liked it and thought Robert Culp and Bill Katt did a great job with the "sync" between them (and wasn't Bill Katt's real-life Mom Barbara Hale on this series?) but it's gonna be a decision on what to buy between all of these great releases coming out this year. Us TV/DVD :crazy:'s have to draw lines somewhere, unfortunately :confused:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Finally I can retire my old vcd's. I think I like this show even more than I did when it was originally on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks