1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest American Hero!!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dalvis, May 25, 2004.

1. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Well-Known Member

Good to hear that Anchor Bay is releasing it. They've gotten to be pretty good lately at putting out feature-packed TV sets like Xena and Three's Company. And they seem to be committed to getting out the whole run of the show. I'll buy at least the first two seasons of this one!

2. Robert DH

Robert DH Member

I hope they show it minus the no-longer-needed redubbing of his name. It was so clumsy and even then did not need doing. I also hope they have the episodes in production order, as its status as "most-preempted" lead to some episodes not even being shown in its first run, and it seems wrong to dump them at the end just because of the network's choices. I agree that the box should look like the one the suit came in, or better still the (first) book of instructions! It goes without saying that the Greatest American Heroine pilot should be there.

And for the previous poster- the emblem on the chest is a book-and-arrow. I guess it symolized the book and what you could do with it. Unfortunately, he didn't have the book...

There are only 45 episodes total, and they don't split up evenly into seasons. I hope they release it in one big set, or both sets at the same time... all my favorites seem to be towards the end. By curious coincidence, the ones with Pam in bikinis are there, too...

By the way, which episode had Connie Sellecca's character Pam distracting the bad guys by going to their front door and making like a very seductive charity collector?

3. TomJC

TomJC Member

They could split this into two sets. They should do a gift set with a shirt in a box designed like the alien costume box, with the DVD case removable in the same way as the instruction book (though not sliding out as easily while carrying it through the desert [​IMG] ).

4. Rick P

Rick P Well-Known Member

45 episodes total....

1st season - 9
    2nd season - 22
    3rd season - 13 (4 unaired in original run)
    'revival pilot' - 1

that split into 2 sets badly no matter how you do it... I would rather pay the upfront and just make it a 12 disc set (the 44 'original' on 11 discs and the 12th disc of the 'revival' pilot and extras..)

5. Rick P

Rick P Well-Known Member

"The Price is Right"

6. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Well-Known Member

I hope they release all the episodes in one set. I can live with 2 volumes but it would be nice to get them all at once.

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Well-Known Member

Aw, I never get to break a scoop here anymore! [​IMG]

Add me to the list; I loved this show when I was an idiot kid.

8. Tony Bufort

Tony Bufort New Member

Hello Greatest American Hero Fans!

Come join us at the new "TheGreatestAmericanHero" Yahoo group at:

tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheGreatestAmericanHero

Now under new management, we are striving to be the #1 resource for everything related to The Greatest American Hero. Pictures, files, messages, all sorts of info, chat, and more! Cast bios, where-are-they-now photos, the list goes on and on.

So come on over and join us. Become an active member, and, between all of us, we'll make a great group even greater.

As Bill Maxwell would say, "That's the scenario, kids." [​IMG]

-Tony Bufort
    Owner, "TheGreatestAmericanHero" Yahoo Group

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this has been posted yet but here is the official front cover for the upcoming release.

[​IMG]

10. Tony Bufort

Tony Bufort New Member

Hey Aryn,

Thanks for your post! Posted a link to the cover on my Yahoo group. Please feel free to join if you're not a member already (see previous message for URL).

-Tony

11. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Nelson
    Since Anchor Bay released the immensely screwed-up 21 Jump Street set, I don't hold out much hope for The Greatest American Hero...let's see...changed music...cut syndicated versions... [​IMG]

Yeah, I know, I'm a bit cynical these days.

12. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Well-Known Member

I really don't remember much about this show cause I was so young, but I do remember singing the song all the time because my mom still owns the theme on a 45! Rock on. I'll probably see if I can rent this one somewhere, unless it's very cheap.

13. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Well-Known Member

Was the show ever syndicated? It only lasted 3 seasons (the 3rd cut short early) so you might not need to worry about this.

14. Derek_J

Derek_J Well-Known Member

It was (still is?) on Showcase recently. I couldn't tell if it was cut or not.

15. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    The show was definitely syndicated, and it was most definitely cut. I caught an episode six or seven years ago (can't remember which station), an episode which I'd practically memorized from an audio tape I'd made during the original broadcast (we, um, didn't have a VCR yet), and there was lots of stuff missing.

The episode, the title of which somehow escapes me, dealt with Pam being held hostage on an airplane, and Ralph acquiring yet another new power (precognition).

16. JoSAN

JoSAN Well-Known Member

17. Rick P

Rick P Well-Known Member

The recent (current) Canadian airings on Showcase Action appeared to be (for the most part) uncut.. clocking in at around 47 minutes/ep. This is without the 'on this episode' teaser and the 'coming next time' trailer... but they looked pretty complete to me (no OBVIOUS snips). I hope this set looks good, I'll gladly retire my homemades...

18. Rick P

Rick P Well-Known Member

Maybe not.. none of the songs used were the ORIGINAL ARTISTS singing them.. most were Joey Scarborogh (sp?) covers...

19. JoSAN

JoSAN Well-Known Member

20. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Well-Known Member

Deep Discount DVD is selling it for $17.99. I pre-ordered mine last month. I never bought anything from them before, so I don't know how their service is.