What's new

Great Space Coaster (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
For years I have been curious about this show from the early 1980s, whether the tapes still existed or not. The last time I ever saw it airing anywhere was when USA Network showed reruns in (IIRC) the mid-1980s. There also was one single VHS/Beta highlight compilation released during its original run. Since then, nothing. Well, I got my answer: apparently the shows do exist (the site says there were 250 of them?!) and some attempt is being made to transfer them to a contemporary format just to preserve them. I'd buy a set if it came out (though they are warning you up front that music licensing might be a formidable obstacle to getting them released). I was already "too old" for a show like this when it was on, but I watched it anyway and enjoyed it. A couple characters (including Goriddle Gorilla IIRC) were performed by Kevin Clash, who went on to great fame as Elmo. I personally never got into Elmo, but the guy is very talented...anyway, this is an interesting site about the efforts to save the episodes. Anyone ever heard of this company, Tanslin Media?
http://greatspacecoaster.com/

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd buy this show in a heartbeat as I definitely remember it fondly from my childhood. I would have been about 6 or 7 years old when it aired. Any chance to own and relive a piece of my childhood is definitely a good thing. Here's hoping it will see the light of day in the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks