What's new

Great News for Bob Hope Fans: New DVD Releases by Universal (1 Viewer)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I saw on DVDPlanet's site that Universal is releasing the Road To movies along with a few other Hope films on March 5th. The price looks to be about the same as they were before. Are they making a new Hope collection or remastering the discs? It states on the page that they will have Production stills; Radio broadcast shows; DVD-ROM. That stuff wasn't on the old versions of the discs, so it makes me think this is something new. I'd love a complete Road To collection.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Beyond the ROAD movies there are such superb Hope flicks as GHOST BREAKERS, CAT AND THE CANARY and THE PALEFACE awaiting some sort of DVD release, hopefully not by Madacy.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I need more info!!!

I got the previous Image releases, now that Universal has the rights again, they will probably be in keepcases not snappers. Yea!! I just want to know if they will be remastered.

If you want the Road to Rio and Road to Bali, I recommend the Brentwood releases, they look suprisingly good.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Well according to DVDPlanet now there's a box set of four of the Road To movies. It's only $48.98. The other movies are all double features and are the following: Big Broadcast of 1938/College Swing, My Favorite Blonde/Star Spangled Rhythm, Paleface, Ghost Breakers. That's it for now, sounds like a great start of films from Mr. Hope.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I hope this is the start of Universal reissuing all their Image licenced discs...

Perhaps after the Road to... box set they can strike a deal with WB to make a Marx Bros. box set (which I would gladly purchase.)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As already reported by others, according to DVDFile, several Bob Hope films are being released to dvd on March 5th. They include "Paleface", "The Ghost Breakers", and "The Road Films with Bing Crosby". This is the link. Also, I changed the title of this thread so these new dvd releases stands out more for Bob Hope fans.
Crawdaddy

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I see three more that I want, but it didn't mention the Road to Hong Kong. Others of his that I'm really looking forward to seeing are, Call Me Bwana, Cancel My Reservation, Caught in the Draft, My Favorite Spy and Never Say Die.

He is just fantastic!

Glenn

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I hope Universal continues to revisit the titles they previously lisenced out to Image Entertainment. Just imagine seeing new anamorphic transfers and keepcases for Flash Gordon, Silent Running, Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, Fahrenheit 451, Slaughterhouse 5, Amazon Women On The Moon, MST3K: The Movie and The Andromeda Strain. Supplements would certainly be nice too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks