What's new

Directors GREAT Films you hate - The Draft (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I think we will have a lot of fun with this draft. As a matter of fact, it gives me an opportunity to "air out a whole lot of laundry". :D

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
Count me in, if you get enough for 16

I can't believe people are afraid of this. Just look at a number of Oscar winners for easy choices.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Gone with the Wind - I don't really hate it, but I think it is ridiculously overrated.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
We have 5 more open slots. :D

Wild-cards
Gabe D
ChuckDeLa
Chris_Richard

Brian Lawrence you're up

On deck

George Kaplan
ErikG
Justin_S x 2

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I hope you're not talking about Vivien Leigh. Some of the worst overacting I've ever seen. It is one of the reasons I hate this film, although it's been taken now.

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
Just because a film "undeservedly" won an Oscar doesn't make it bad. Some people tend to equate "bad" with films they simply don't like
I agree with you completely. Greatest Show on Earth is a good example. A fun film to watch but nowhere near deserving a best picture award. Chocolat from a couple of years ago was another.

There are a handful of Best Picture winners that I never want to see again.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yikes! we've barely started and already the herd is getting agitated. :D

Brian Lawrence you're up! :)

On deck

George Kaplan
ErikG
Justin_S x 2

I guess I'll enforce a 24 hour rule.

If someone misses their vote in 24 hours then they automatically get an AFI top 100 film.

We have 4 more open slots.

Wild-cards

Gabe D
ChuckDeLa
Chris_Richard
Hunter P

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
You'd better count me out. I really don't think I can come up with 10, especially if I don't count ones I've only seen partially. I've been trying to make a list and after the first 4 or 5 I'm resorting to stuff like Clerks. There's a lot of "great" films I think are merely okay, but few that I outright loathe.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I agree. I thought it would be easier to pull up the "hate." In the end I will have to resort to popular (not neccessarily great) films that I hate to round out my list.

It seems that I am not as angry as I thought.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Are you still looking for participants? I'll bet I could easily come up with 10 films I thought were ridiculously overrated. Let me know, thanks.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Never mind, I decided I don't want to be a participant, although I can still think of several "great films" I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks