spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Title: Gravity

Tagline: Don't Let Go

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Drama

Director: Alfonso Cuarón

Cast: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris, Orto Ignatiussen, Phaldut Sharma, Amy Warren, Basher Savage

Release: 2013-10-03

Runtime: 91

Plot: Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first Shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The Shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone-tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness of space. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.

I have not heard anything about this. The trailer is intense.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I just checked Rottentomatoes and holy moly, 97% fresh so far. I may actually have to go see this one alone (I hate going to the movies alone).

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
My wife and I are lucky if we get to theaters more than once a year - we both agree that we WILL be seeing this if not this weekend, then definitely next weekend. Can't wait.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
We've already got our tickets to see this in 3D IMAX on Saturday. Driving 35 miles across town to see it on a real IMAX screen, not one of those fake repurposed jobs. Can't wait.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We won't be seeing it until next weekend, so I guess I'd better avoid this thread for a while.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Going to have to try to convince my usual movie going group to see this in 3D. We usually avoid it but this seems like this will make excellent use of the format.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wasn't overly impressed with "Children of Men". It was good, but it didn't really floor me. Still, the trailer for this was impressive. I definitely have to go see this.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
**** out if ****Easily the best film of the year so far for me. Every few years a film comes along that advances filmmaking into the next level. GRAVITY is that film. From the opening shot to the last shot, the film is an unrelenting terrifying journey. The fx are amazing. You will feel as though you are in space. Technically it is excellent across the board. And the music is great too enhancing the suspense superbly. Bullock and Clooney are terrific, especially Bullock. I can't remember a film that had me literally on the edge if my seat for the entire running time. It is truly that awesome. Oh and SEE IT IN IMAX 3D!!Seriously, if any film needs to be seen in that format, Gravity is that film. WOW is right!I can't wait to see it again.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't know about " shaky cam" but there is a lot of vertigo inducing visual effects in the film. My wife said she was a bit queasy in the beginning but got used to it. YMMV

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tino said:
I don't know about " shaky cam" but there is a lot of vertigo inducing visual effects in the film. My wife said she was a bit queasy in the beginning but got used to it.YMMV
I think I will sit more towards the back of the theater since that seems to lessen the motion sickness in regular theaters.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I always sit on the last three rows of a 3D film. Those are the best seats for the 3D effects.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks