What's new

Graphics experts - advice needed (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I've been working in Photoshop for a lot of years now. PowerPoint, too. Have a wee bit of InDesign experience. Visio is on my work laptop, but I have zero experience in it.
While I've done a TON of images/graphics, they've been more "creative" (logos, headers, cover images, etc.). I'm now being asked to create business graphics, such as these:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Michael,

There are financial presentation programs that create these graphics, based on the financial values to be presented.
I don't have personal experience with those, but I've seen a lot of the results.
Google "create piecharts graphics trends". I just did and found a lot of promising results, I think.

Hope this helps.

Cees

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Trying to do fancy graphics in Powerpoint is like doing beautiful artwork with finger paints.

The second two org charts can likely be done in Vizio. It's raison d'etre is hierachical org charts. It might need subsequent cleanup in Photoshop or Illustrator.

The first chart looks like it's based on actual data. You would need to start with something like Excel or other appropriate math / finance graphing tool. You can then clean it up in your art program of choice.

Of course, you can do anything with the Adobe tools. My wife does business graphic design with Photoshop and Illustrator. (EDIT : I left out some words originally)

MikeM

Screenwriter
I'm a graphic artist and use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and even Quark daily.
After looking at the graphics you're trying to (re)create, definitely use Illustrator for these.

The question is are you trying to re-create just these, or are you having to create many graphics like these in the future with unique data, etc?

Once you've created the images, in illustrator you have the flexibility of vector art. You can scale them up/down in size and not lose any quality, and you can always export to JPG, etc. for the web etc.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by MikeM

The question is are you trying to re-create just these, or are you having to create many graphics like these in the future with unique data, etc?
The latter. The circle graphic is a generic graphic, for use over and over again. The other two are customized graphics, made for specific instances.

After posting here and a number of other places, Illustrator came up for being the tool of choice. However, getting my company to purchase it and pay for training isn't going to happen, but I've gotten them to agree to Photoshop and Visio training over the course of this year. I also found a site online that sells pre-made, editable graphics in PowerPoint format. It's not ideal, but this way anyone in the company can use and tweak them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks