1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

got to see coldplay last night - great show.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ted Lee, May 29, 2003.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Well-Known Member

has anyone else seen them yet?

i'm a pretty big fan, so it would have been hard for them to do wrong, but i was not disappointed at all.

the lead singer has pretty good stage presence. when he's on the piano and boppin' around it really pumps you up. he's also somewhat chatty with the crowd, but not overbearingly so.

the setlist comprised most of the songs from their two albums with a couple of new songs (or at least ones i didn't recognize) thrown in. the new songs were more straightforward rock, but i really really liked both of them - especially one called "moses". hopefully that will be the sound they're going for on their next album.

the songs were played pretty straight, with little variance (except for a few oohhs and aahhs) from the studio track.

one very nice thing (at least for me) was the quality of the audio mix. it was very well done. all the levels seemed balanced and pushed right to the edge, but with almost no distortion. [​IMG]

i detected a few goof ups here and there, but nothing too distracting. my only major gripe is that it was too short!

overall, a great show. if you get a chance, go see them. i only paid 25 bucks (per ticket).

i give the concert a B+