What's new

Gosh Darn, office space is a great movie (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
C'mon, all those quotes and no mention of this?!?!?!
Yeah, hi...:D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
This is probably one of the most perfect movies ever made. It just gets funnier every single time I see it. Come on!! I need an SE!! :D
"I'll set the building on fire."
"The people to cake ratio is very high."
"But then they switched from the Swingline stapler to the Boston Stapler, but I still kept my Swingline stapler, becuase it doesn't bind up as much..."
"I used to be able to see the squirrels, and they were merry."

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
"Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking - just a moment!" (repeat ad nauseaum)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
As funny as the movie is, it really really scares me! I'm afraid to be like those guys in it. And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.
Office Space is a HORROR movie. :D

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading this thread and my boss came in and said, "There's an email on my computer about [project I'm working on]. If you could take a look at it, that'd be greaeeat." and I laughed out loud at him!

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I think this sums up my last two months pretty well.

When I first saw this movie, I thought it was so so. In fact, I wanted my money back. But repeated viewings has raised it higher and higher. There isn't a week that goes by without someone referencing this movie. For us office workers, this movie is an anthem. The people I know that don't care for this movie don't work in an office so they cannot relate.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
As funny as the movie is, it really really scares me! I'm afraid to be like those guys in it. And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.
Office Space is a HORROR movie.
:laugh:
--
Holadem

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It's good to see that some the cast is still kicking. In particular: Ron Livingston was in Band of Brothers, a wonderful HBO miniseries about a company of Airborne soldiers during WWII; and John C. McGinley (the tall skinny Bob) is truly amazing as Dr. Cox in the best TV show ever, "Scrubs". Watch 'em both, you won't regret it.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Peter Gibbons: [Talking about plan to steal from Initech] We have to promise right now we don't tell anybody about this, no friends, no family members, no one but us.

Samir, Michael Bolton: Agreed

Lawrence: [From the next apartment through wall] Don't worry man I won't tell anyone either.

Michael Bolton: What the **** is that.

Peter Gibbons: Don't worry he's cool.

Peter Gibbons: He's going to ask me to work on Sunday and I'm going to do it, because I'm a p****, which is why I work at Initech in the first place.

Michael Bolton: Hey, I work at Initech and I don't consider myself a p****.

Samir: Yes, I am also not a p****.

Steve: Hi, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

Michael Bolton: We're not going to some white collar resort prison. No, no, no! We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!

Peter Gibbons: What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to "Vibe"?

Bill Lumbergh: Oh, and next Friday...is Hawaiian shirt day...so, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

Rob Newhouse: You know, minimum security prison is no picnic. I had a client in there once. He said the trick is kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's b****. Then everything will be alright.

[Peter, Michael & Samir are trying to figure out how to launder money]

Peter Gibbons: I cannot believe what a bunch of losers we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in the dictionary!

Michael Bolton: You haven't even been showing up for work, and you got to keep your job.

Peter Gibbons: Actually I'm being promoted.

Bill Lumbergh: Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...

Peter Gibbons: What if we're...still doin' this when we're fifty?

Samir: It would be nice to have that kind of job security.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I loved Office Space. Just to get that in there.

And I'm disgusted with all the 9 to 5 cycle so many people live, and the friday/saturday night hordes rushing to "relax", it's all just so pathetic and reminds me of communism.
Unless this is some quote which I'm failing to recognize, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
JamieD : I'd have to agree with you on that one. Looks like someone got their capital confused with their commune ;) .

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Office Space SE is held up big time. Agents got involved and it got ugly in a hurry. I think you will see Office Space 2 before you see the SE - but I haven't given up on it.
So I guess you'll have to wait until HD-DVD comes out, and then probably wait (a little) longer.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Easy now, guys. This has been a great thread so far... let's not get it closed because of differing political perspectives.
It's got nothing to do with "political perspectives" it's just a pretty obvious mistake by someone! Either they typed the wrong thing or they don't know what they're talking about. Either way it's funny! :)
Seeing all this Office Space talk is making me want to watch it again. I thought it was good, but a little too OTT for me. Maybe I should give it another chance! I wonder what it is exactly that's holding up the SE? I guess the agents are fighting for royalties for their clients? Hmmmm :frowning:
~ John

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
It's got nothing to do with "political perspectives" it's just a pretty obvious mistake by someone! Either they typed the wrong thing or they don't know what they're talking about. Either way it's funny!
Actually, the original remark sounded like a comparison between the misery of 9-to-5 work for a corporation and the misery of slaving away for a government-owned business in a communist state. Considering that all attempts to institute communism as a gorvernment system in the world have degenerated into totalitarian regimes, I'd say the comparison was apt. Extreme, but apt.
Of course, it could be argued that it was an inaccurate statement if he was comparing corporate work with textbook communism, but I doubt that was his intention, since no country has ever been ruled by true, textbook communism.
Mods: I hope I have managed not to cross the line into full-blown political discussion. As usual, I beg thee not to ban me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks