What's new

Goonies 2 News! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Cool but "Martha Plimpton, where art thou?"

This guy reporting is a total yutz. She's been acting her A$$ off in very serious theater and getting awards and major props for years now. I met her at the opening nite party for "Passing Strange"
Looks great too.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The other thing with the Ferris 2 rumor, was that Edward Rooney has a twin brother that just happens to be Ferris' boss.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I can't possibly express the emotion that came over me when I saw this thread back up towards the top of the first page. I began reading the first couple of posts without looking at the dates and began geeking out. Then I scrolled to the bottom and there is still the same similiar sounding good news. Let's just hope it's legit this time. If another Goonies film is made, it would really be a huge deal for me. Any any new news comes out please let us (me) know. ;0

Thanks!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Heathers 2

Gremlins 3

Goonies 2

Breakfast Club 2

Pretty In Pink 2

I really hope movie makers can come up with better ideas!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Even more excited than I was to hear Goonies 2 was in production. I started thinking....The Goonies dvd is always in a bin at walmart for cheap money and skimping in features. Perhaps this will prompt a special edition dvd of the original..

Also, several years back I heard that Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit fame (when they were still popular and he was starting to direct music video's) was in talks to re-make the Breakfast Club. I always had mixed feelings about that.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
A bit off-topic, but they were working on a third part. Only, Joe Dante wanted to bring the puppets and Stop-motion animation back, while the suits wanted to do them all-CGI. Things got halted after that, I thing.
I remember hearing that Terry Jones (from Monty Python) wrote a Gremlins sequel script that was supposedly well-received, but would have been too expensive and difficult to film pre-CGI. I don't know whether that's true or not, but it would have been interesting to read.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Those pesky Gremlins have not been idle. They starred in a British tv ad recently, and a dedicated fan created his own 21st century version of the "film break" scene from Gremlins 2.
The puppet approach still works with a little CGI enhancement.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks