What's new

Goofy: How to Hook Up Your Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a short which Disney is going to show before its feature Enchanted at theaters this fall.

I wasn't planning on going to see Enchanted...but I might now...just to see this!

I ran into this terrific poster (and information) at THIS PAGE at jimhill.com. The page also features some discussion about why Disney has cut back to single-disc releases with its Pixar films. This link was originally provided by HTF member Jason Smalley in the Ratatouille review over in HT Software.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I remember reading about how Disney was doing new shorts. I am looking forward to this, always loved Goofy.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Sure, I go to youtube and search 'how to hook up your home theater' and get an 8 minute movie on illuminati numerology.

I must confess, if the best the global order can do is put an eyeball on a pyramid then they probably aren't fit to run the world. Maybe Belgium.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I always complain that there aren't enough shorts accompanied with movies anymore.

Disney rocks!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Pre-existing thread about this here.
And it is exciting to know when we will be able to see the new short. As someone whose favourite Disney shorts were always the Goofy "How-To"s, Enchanted just became an absolute must-see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Matthew. I double-checked before starting a thread. I figured SOMEONE must've known about this before me! But my search yielded nothing.

If a mod wants to close this one down in deference to Matthew's thread, please feel free.

BTW, that poster in Post #1 makes me smile every time I see it...the remotes...the cables...the diagram...Goofy! :D

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely right. I also just love the whole retro-50s feel to the design. It looks like a poster they made back then, not the slick smooth posters that get made today.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Went and saw Enchanted this weekend (loved it, BTW) but was kinda ticked off that Goofy didn't make an appearance. The theater manager said he hadn't heard of the short...but was going to look into it for me.

Well...a quick internet search reveals that Goofy and his Home Theater Hijinks have, instead, been paired up with National Treasure 2. Guess I have to set a date for that film on my calendar now! :D

I note with special interest that no-less-than John Lasseter gives the short a big thumbs up! :emoji_thumbsup:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As I read it, now that Disney owns Pixar, this a typical Disney business decision to dilute the product to fit the lowest common denominator. How sad.

I just finished watching the commentary of Finding Nemo, which has visual extras in it. Those Pixar guys provide all those extras because they're passionate movie geeks, you gotta love 'em. That's now in the past, thanks to Disney.

One has to wonder if Disney will further dilute the Pixar movies. After all, you don't have to have that much quality to get the kids into the theaters or in front of the tv sets. In 5 years, will their movies be on a par with Finding Nemo, or The Incredibles, or Ratatouille?

You think that can't happen, but Disney has already diluted the DVD, what's next?

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Just in case you didn't brave National Treasure 2 to see this in theaters, this short is now available on iTunes for $1.99.

You know, in case you'd like to watch a tutorial on how to install the ultimate high definition home theater... in standard definition on your computer screen.

It's pretty funny, hopefully we'll be treated to some of these shorts more often.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

There are a few of the Goofy "How to.." short movie posters at MovieGoods.com HERE.

Perhaps one will be available at some point. Yeah...I would love to put one up in my home theatre room too.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Well, you are in luck then as it is available to purchase in a limited edition of 295 giclee prints via Acme Archives Direct: Goofy Home Theater Poster

Been eyeing it myself for a while, but haven't fit it into the budget yet.

Hope they get around to releasing this short on a dvd; had hoped they'd just stick it on NT2 since it debuted in front of it in theaters, but no such luck.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

Watched my iTunes download last night on my HDTV (have an HTPC), wife just shakes head and says, "Oh, brother, a cartoon about you..."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That IS sweet. Yikes, though...expensive for such a small print!

And...isn't ACME where the Coyote gets all his stuff from?! :confused:

:D

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
So I finally got to see it - Yay! - and the short was everything I had hoped for. Except for the modern subject matter, it really did feel like it could have been made at the same time as the original How To shorts. Some hysterically funny moments - the narrator urging moderation in set size, as Goofy falls in love with a set best suited to a sports stadium was my favourite moment.

The great thing is, I've just recently bought a new HDTV, but the retailer is waiting for new stock to arrive in the country, so I feel a bit like Goofy waiting for the delivery to come. I'm planning to have some friends over for a movie once it finally arrives, and it would be great to be able to show this at the start of the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks