What's new

Goodfellas SE (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmmm... Scorsese's new film, Gangs Of New York, opens on Christmas. This is shaping up to be a Big Deal, much bigger than many of his late 90's films (at least in terms of media recognition). Seems to me that the studios may be waiting to release the rumored Scorsese SEs (Goodfellas, Mean Streets, Raging Bull) to take advantage of all the GoNY hype. So perhaps we'll see these in December, or maybe next year when the GoNY DVD is released???

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Don't forget the Giant 2-disc Special Edition that was going to be released as well. What happened to that?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No news yet on Goodfellas, Color Purple, or Giant (which was listed, complete with cover art, at the same time Unforgiven and the others were, then was removed a short time later with no explanation!).

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Later this year, VERY late.

Or if my memory serves me correct then it was due next year.

(2 Disc, commentar(y)(ies?))

James_S

Second Unit
I thought we were to get a SE in 2002? I love this movie, and would love to get rid of my flipper disk (This is the only one left in my collection).

Is there any word on this ??? Please Help

James

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, it's coming next year. Warner has been extremely slow releasing badly needed SE DVDs. However, with the upcoming SE of The Unforgiven and a couple of others, there is hope.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
It'll probably be part of a second wave of two-disc SE's from Warner - hopefully including the long-rumored Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves SE.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Denis Leary is such a moron. In the latest Total Movie magazine, there's a quote from him about what movie he's got in his player. He says GOODFELLAS and starts talking about how great the transfer is.

I'm almost as big of a moron... for reading Total Movie in the first place!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Where has Pesci been? The last movie he was in was Lethal Weapon 4! Hmmmm. AMC has something to do with it.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Where's Pesci?
He got whacked, don't you know?
Been interviewed for a couple of documentaries since LW4 in 1998, but I'm interested if he's gona act in any movie ever again.
I like that George Carlin prays to Joe Pesci instead of God. :D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Gee, I got a picture with Ray Liotta last week and he wasn't looking into the camera then either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks