What's new

Goodfellas SE (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I own the laserdisc to this film and passed on the curent dvd hack job they put out. Mark me down as buying the SE version when it comes out.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Just heard on Howard Stern that Henry Hill was in NYC recording commentary for the upcoming Goodfellas DVD. Very cool.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Prentice beat me to it. Henry Hill sounds crazy. Apparently he drank half a bottle of tequila during the interview. I only caught a few minutes on my way into work. I can't wait to replace my flipper version with a very nice 10th Anniversary Edition.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I am very happy about this. I was hoping GF would get SE treatment!
Make that coffee to go... :D

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
That was a strange interview with Howard this morning. Apparently, Henry Hill thinks that Joe Pesci is a jerk.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I mean 5 years and no good info on a 16 x 9 2 disk edition? I even heard Henry Hill months ago on the radio saying he was going to do a commentary for it if they asked. It really boggles my mind the Special editon crap they put out and nothing for a classic like this. I think it better be worth it if they make us wait this long.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Henry Hill in fact did record a commentary for Goodfellas about a month ago. This was confirmed when he made an appearance on Howard Stern. I imagine Marty is busy finishing Gangs of New York then we'll see all the SEs of Goodfellas, Mean Streets, etc.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
WB have given a UK release of 14th October.

Would expect similar date in US.

This will be joined by Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and True Romance SE from WB / Morgan Creek.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
The Oz date for the GOODFELLAS S.E is also around the 4th Qtr of this year. With the British date nearly simultaneous to that you don't have to be Einstein to predict that the Region 1 release will arrive somewhere in the vicinity of both. Haven't seen it in a while so the new disc will be very welcome.

"Now go get your f*%&en' shinebox!"

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
dvdfile has a story up for warner's five new fall special editions, four of these we already knew about, yet still no mention of the Goodfellas SE they said was forthcoming this year in their HTF chat.
It's getting very very frustrating not having Goodfellas on DVD (as in, my own collection), I'm already going to be rebuying Unforgiven and refuse to have to do it with another early Warners title :p)

Craig_T

Second Unit
Join the club. This has been my most-wanted DVD since I bought a player 4 years ago. At least Warner seems to be re-releasing good titles this fall and will hopefully not start re-releasing a ton of "nobody asked for an Ultimate Edition of this crap" that Universal seems to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks