What's new

Good Price on Denon 3805? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Seems like Denon has really cracked down on internet sales of receivers. Does anyone know of a "good" source for the 3805? If need be, you can PM me.

Thanks

Artie

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I hate to say it, because I personally don't like them, but Crutchfield sells them for about $1199 (I think). A lot of people are happy with them, but they treated a friend of mine wrong, so I won't deal with them, myself.
I think they are an authorized dealer for Denon. Their web address is:

www.crutchfield.com

Good luck!

KevinB

Stunt Coordinator
You might try watching Crutchfield's scratch and dent department. I purchased a 3805 for around 15% off of list. It had no defects or visual blemishes either. They should have one in stock soon because I decided not to keep the receiver and I am returning it this week. I had the microphone with it also. Hope this is some help to you.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Kevin- E Cost is authorized but may not have this receiver yet. They sell B-stock at discount. You might want to check with them periodically. Dakmart is a another Denon dealer.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Arthur,

Have you tried to see if any local dealers would be able to offer you a discounted price for the receiver?

Heck, since you live along the "blue route" (aka 476) you could just hop on it, then onto I-95 and hit Wilmington - where the items are tax-free.

Personally, I'd contact one of the Tweeter locations in Wilmington and see what they could offer you. With the exeption of the taxes, I'm sure the price would be on par with some of the best Internet deals - and, you'd still retain the right to having Denon provide warranty service for you.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
www.acousticsounddesign.com is listing it for just under $1000. They're not authorized but they say they'll honor the warranty. I've never dealt with them but I've read good things about them and they're a forum sponsor if that matters.

David Judah

Screenwriter
You could always buy an inexpensive extended warranty if you're worried about it not being covered by Denon.

DJ

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Try www.jandr.com they are an authorized dealer & they have it listed for $1,200 but give them a call & fight with them over the price because they will match most prices or beat them but a lot depends on the sales person you get. I've called them looking for things at a certain price & have had one sales person tell me "Can't do it at that price" & then I have called right back and got a different sales person & they would agree to my price. I've found usually with most places where they are working on commission that at the end of the month when sales commission checks are coming out they tend to be willing to deal more on things.

Larry J

Agent
If you live in or around Phila., PA, a local store sells the 3805 for 1130 with the mic. I told this to a local tweeter store and they matched that price. Mic is usually 65 and the receiver lists for 1199. I think it's a good deal for new in the box. I would have stuck with the other store, but I had already bought a 3803 at tweeter and decided to take advantage of their upgrade policy.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Most of these Internet savings come with a no warranty clause if you look carefully. Now I've brought receivers in the 400-700 area without any problems and It's really up to you if you like to roll the dice. Personally I've had zero problems with internet gear with zero warrenty and 2 years have passed on all equipment.

At crutchfield you are looking at great customer service at a price of 1179.99. The cheapest place I found was BrandNamez.com which come to 1005.42 with tax and shipping. But a 2 year warranty (with crutch includes) will set you back another $100. Are all these cheap retailers located in NY cause the tax is really putting a damper on things? I went the crutchfield route and couldn't be happier. Although different venues for different people may provide better savings due to location or distance.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
One other thing about Crutchfield: if you order 2 A/V components at the same time, you get 10% off your order. So if you add, say, a $90 DVD player to the 3805 for $1199 (not $1179), you get $129 off (i.e. a free DVD player and $39 off your 3805).

And if anyone wants a Crutchfield referral code for $20 off your first offer (>$199), send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks