1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good place to shop for HDTV in autin, tx area

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Greg->G, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Greg->G

Greg->G Active Member

I'm considering upgrading to an HDTV, but I've read plenty of posts here about how most/all of the big-box stores have their display model TVs poorly calibrated. Can anybody recommend a good place to shop for one in the austin area, preferably with helpful/intelligent salespeople? I moved here a few years ago and haven't made any big purchases along these lines since then. I knew about all the good places in Seattle (where I used to live) but haven't found a good store around here. Thanks!

2. MACPUN

MACPUN Active Member

Hi there,
    I'm from Austin and like the people from Conn's (preferable from the south location). They are non pushy or bias with brands that can be towards the more expensive brands. They will let you see the TV's picture with HD cable vs. standard cable. Also I like the finance policy they offer.....unlike a credit card.

Good Luck

3. ChrisClearman

ChrisClearman Well-Known Member

I don't know of any place that is going to have a proper set-up and let you control all the inputs and mess with the settings too much.

However, I would check out Fry's. They have all the remotes on the TVs so you can at least change the settings. They use Dish Network and you can get them to switch between HD and SD channels. They also seem to have the best prices of any storefront.

4. MACPUN

MACPUN Active Member

Fry's are good people too......... If you go there ask for Bell and tell her Mike Cisneros sent you (she is a friend of mine). [​IMG]

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Well-Known Member

Fry's Electronics is like my Shangrala... I can't see why you'd go anywhere else.