What's new

Good place to buy Avia in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Jonny K

Second Unit
I just bought myself an SPL meter, and now I need Avia. I've noticed it doesn't come cheap though, and for a guy who owns maybe 4 DVDs, I really don't want to spend 80 dollars for a calibration disc.

So where in Canada might I find Avia for a good price? I notice A&B Sound has it for $70.00, and Amazon.ca has it for $60.00 (plus shipping). Anywhere I can go and just buy it in person for a good price?

What about cheaper alternatives?

Thanks.

Jonny K.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. The cheapest that I have seen is amazon.ca. That is why I went with them. The dvd came in about 3 business days. I got mine for a total of $68.00. This included taxes and free shipping. For Avia this is the best way to go. For comparison, I asked at HMV and they quoted me $93.00 for Avia.
Hope this helps.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Don't forget to try some of your local rental stores. I was unable to find Avia locally but I can rent Video Essentials for $3.00. That beats shelling out 70 or 80 bucks.;)

Jonny K

Second Unit
Well I just bought it at A&B sound. They were charging 70 for it, and I asked if they'd match the price of Amazon.ca (at 60). The manager gave me a speech about how they don't compete with the .com's, but then in the end he still gave me 10 percent off.

So after tax it was about 67 dollars. I hope this is worth the price...

Jonny K.

Jonny K

Second Unit
OK, I've checked it out. The 40 minute presentation is kinda useless. They just told me a bunch of things I already knew.

But the configuration tools are great.

Jonny K. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks