1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good place to buy Avia in Canada?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jonny K, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Jonny K

Jonny K Well-Known Member

I just bought myself an SPL meter, and now I need Avia. I've noticed it doesn't come cheap though, and for a guy who owns maybe 4 DVDs, I really don't want to spend 80 dollars for a calibration disc.

So where in Canada might I find Avia for a good price? I notice A&B Sound has it for $70.00, and Amazon.ca has it for $60.00 (plus shipping). Anywhere I can go and just buy it in person for a good price?

What about cheaper alternatives?

Thanks.

Jonny K.

2. Leonard B

Leonard B Well-Known Member

Hi. The cheapest that I have seen is amazon.ca. That is why I went with them. The dvd came in about 3 business days. I got mine for a total of $68.00. This included taxes and free shipping. For Avia this is the best way to go. For comparison, I asked at HMV and they quoted me $93.00 for Avia.
    Hope this helps.

3. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Well-Known Member

Don't forget to try some of your local rental stores. I was unable to find Avia locally but I can rent Video Essentials for $3.00. That beats shelling out 70 or 80 bucks.[​IMG]

4. Jonny K

Well I just bought it at A&B sound. They were charging 70 for it, and I asked if they'd match the price of Amazon.ca (at 60). The manager gave me a speech about how they don't compete with the .com's, but then in the end he still gave me 10 percent off.

So after tax it was about 67 dollars. I hope this is worth the price...

Jonny K.

5. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Well-Known Member

My girlfriend bought me Avia for my birthday (from amazon). [​IMG]

6. Jonny K

OK, I've checked it out. The 40 minute presentation is kinda useless. They just told me a bunch of things I already knew.

But the configuration tools are great.

Jonny K. [​IMG]