1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news about Walt Disney Treasures!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brian Kidd, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Well-Known Member

Bill Hunt over at www.thedigitalbits.com had the opportunity to chat with BVHE President Bob Chapek at the premiere of INSPECTOR GADGET 2: DIRECT TO VIDEO CASH-IN,( [​IMG] ) and he had good news about the TREASURES line!

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Well-Known Member

I just wish the same was being said about the Vault Disney brand. [​IMG]

3. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Have the Vault Disney discs sold poorly? I picked up the first 4 right away, hoping to encourage Disney to release more of the same.

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Well-Known Member

With 20,000 Leagues not being a Vault title, but with similar features, it looks like the line is dead. The first 4 were great.

I do like the Treasures line, but they are of much less interest than the live action films to me.

5. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Well-Known Member

Great news!! I hope Donald is up next. I can't wait to see the cartoon where his nephews are trying to build a snowman and Donald keeps destroying it. I don't remember the name of the episode or the complete details, but it was definitely my favorite Disney short from my childhood.

I would love to see the Wartime Cartoons also.

6. Rob Gardiner

Also I'm curious to know what "new areas" they plan to expand into. They have their animated features covered pretty well already, and this line has tackled animated shorts and TV material pretty well. Perhaps certain live action features will be included in the WDT line? Any ideas??

7. Charlie Essmeier

Charlie Essmeier Well-Known Member

And let's not forget "Victory Tthrough Airpower." Still waiting for that one...

Charlie

8. PaulP

PaulP Well-Known Member

Expand into new areas? Can you say "Song of the South"? Or TV series, like "Duck Tales" et al. And oh yeah, shouldn't we be getting some announcement (or announcement of announcement) about this year's Treasures? When did that happen the previous years? I can't recall. But firstly I'd love for them to complete their classic animation sets. I bought all the previous ones, and having a complete catalog of Disney shots, including the educational ones, would be nirvana.

9. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Well-Known Member

I was hoping the vault Disney line was a beginning for thier classic live films fromthe early 60s.
    Would kill for Darby O Gill, In Search of the Castaways, kidnapped, Third Man on the Mountain, Family Band (remiced for stereo?), Light in the Forest, Summer Magic and the uncut three part live action Prince and the Pauper that has never been released uncut to video.

10. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Well-Known Member

I'm happy to hear this. I really enjoy the Treasures line, and have bought five of the seven so far.

11. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

Brian

thanks for the link and a great article indeed.

[​IMG]

12. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Well-Known Member

Eric Peterson said:

13. Rob T

Rob T Well-Known Member

14. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Well-Known Member

15. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Well-Known Member

How about the "Hardy Boys" and "Spin and Marty" serials that were shown on the original Mickey Mouse Club? Those would be swell to see again. Anyone else remember those?

The MM Club would be fun to see again, too, but there were too many episodes and it would probably be too dated to release on DVD.

16. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew
    Donald will need at least three disc sets, judging from the IMDb keyword "donald-duck."

I, for one, would like to see more anthology series episodes, preferably the ones that are mostly new material, uncut and with original openings and closings.

17. Adam_S

Adam_S Well-Known Member

Adam_S
    there are around 148 Donald Shorts, more than any other cartoon, including Mickey. there were about 120 some mickey shorts, and its going to take three two disc sets to get all the mickey released.

in the complete Goofy there were 48 shorts on two discs, this is about the upper limit, I would htink, so I would estimate that a complete Donald collection would take a minimum of 6 discs and probably 7 or 8.

If they go in chronological order, they won't get to most of my favorite donald cartoons until the second or third set. :*(

What would be ideal is if they did two three disc sets for the complete donald duck (volumes one and two), that would make me ecstatic. but I still think it would be an effort to get them on six discs, you'd need 25 shorts per disc to do that, and that pushes the upper limit.

There were four chip and dale solo shorts, they'd make great easter eggs on a donald set (unless a set of one shots like the baby air plane or the little country house etc are released, and it could be included in that).

Hoping excitedly for Man in Space, Tru Life Adventures, Warcartoons, a complete pluto, the remaining silly symphonies and Mickey mouse.

Personally, my favorite Donald is easily the one where he bakes his own airplane, though the winter ones are favorites as well: Toy Tinkers, the popcorn one, one where he and huey dewey and luey create giant winter forts and battle it out, etc.

Adam

18. Rob Gardiner

I would love to see anything and everything featuring LUDWIG VON DRAKE. Does anyone know how many films he has?

19. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Well-Known Member

20. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Well-Known Member

I love the Walt Disney Treauses Line, I only have SIlly Symphonies right now but I plan on buying the rest over the summer when I got job... Hopefully they release Song of the South on DVD... it be good, a great Walt Disney Treasure Line...