What's new

Godzilla on Blu-ray Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

amzn_assoc_ad_type = "product_link"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "homethea02-20"; amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_region = "US"; amzn_assoc_placement = "B00IQAUO48"; amzn_assoc_asins = "B00IQAUO48"; amzn_assoc_show_border = true; amzn_assoc_link_opens_in_new_window = true; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "product_link"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "homethea02-20"; amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_region = "US"; amzn_assoc_placement = "B00IQAUO2A"; amzn_assoc_asins = "B00IQAUO2A"; amzn_assoc_show_border = true; amzn_assoc_link_opens_in_new_window = true; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "product_link"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "homethea02-20"; amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_region = "US"; amzn_assoc_placement = "B00IQAUO5C"; amzn_assoc_asins = "B00IQAUO5C"; amzn_assoc_show_border = true; amzn_assoc_link_opens_in_new_window = true; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "product_link"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "homethea02-20"; amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; amzn_assoc_region = "US"; amzn_assoc_placement = "B00IQAUO6Q"; amzn_assoc_asins = "B00IQAUO6Q"; amzn_assoc_show_border = true; amzn_assoc_link_opens_in_new_window = true;

Last edited by a moderator:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, if these come with the Japanese versions with English dubs and the correct ARs, I'll double dip.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Criterion will likely not be releasing these other Godzilla titles.
Agreed, of course, that the Criterion of the original Gojira is great.

Classic Media released the first Blu-ray of Gojira long before Criterion released it, and the Blu-ray was reported to have very poor picture quality.

These other Godzilla films are not being released by Criterion. Amazon says the studio is Section 23.
I have no idea what their reputation or history is in terms of their Blu-ray products.

battlebeast said:
Why buy this when criterion has a better version?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Mark Walker said:
These other Godzilla films are not being released by Criterion. Amazon says the studio is Section 23.
I have no idea what their reputation or history is in terms of their Blu-ray products.
Section 23 is one of the remaining comeback splinter divisions of ADV Films, which used to be the best label around for anime titles. ADV even dabbled in a few rare live-action horror/kaiju titles, which were pretty good, IIRC, for the early days of DVD.
As for their reputation on Blu-ray, can't say, sorry.

And as Mark points out, Gojira was a Rialto restoration and owned by Criterion, the other 60's up through "Godzilla's Revenge" are all owned by Classic Media, wherever they are now. (Dreamworks?)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Ejanss said:
Section 23 is one of the remaining comeback splinter divisions of ADV Films, which used to be the best label around for anime titles. ADV even dabbled in a few rare live-action horror/kaiju titles, which were pretty good, IIRC, for the early days of DVD.
As for their reputation on Blu-ray, can't say, sorry.

And as Mark points out, Gojira was a Rialto restoration and owned by Criterion, the other 60's up through "Godzilla's Revenge" are all owned by Classic Media, wherever they are now. (Dreamworks?)
and for the original Classic Media releases ( Toho Master Collection) were done really well, yes its been a few years, and Toho has released these titles in Japan on blu, so it is Region A but I don't think the Japanese releases has any subtitles or the US cuts of the films, and the imports are not in a price range that I am willing to deal with.

Maybe, just prior to this new movie someone at DreamWorks will get the idea that maybe they need to play catch-up, and make an announcement soon. :D

And while not the same big guy, but more like a big flying turtle, curious to see next months release of Gamera Vol 1 & Vol 2, which covers the Showa Period, from Mill Creek / Kadokawa Pictures, this has already been released in Japan, so I am hoping that all the heavy lifting was done, like when they get there hands on a Sony title. But compared to what the import cost, hey I'm good for less that $20 for 4 movies, only issue is it's all on one disc per set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks