What's new

Godfather Blu-ray Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Fantastic price. That's less than I paid for the DVD boxset seven years ago (I think was about $66 or 68).

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Today the price is $87.95, but my pre-order price has not been adjusted to $61.95.

So I'll send them an e-mail with a formal complaint.

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I DID write an e-mail, and whether it was that or just the system having had a hickup: but the price on my order has now been changed to $61.95.

Great price indeed!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Probably.
The UK price is £34.98, which is roughly $66.
I ordered the UK version as well, given this "situation", but we cannot be sure if it's not region-coded (and I'm currently in the process of buying a reg-A player, so I would not be able to use a reg-B disc).

(I'm going to cancel the most expensive one.)

Cees

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Wow. I'm glad I jumped-in yesterday when it was still $61.95. I didn't realize Amazon's prices fluctuated so drastically in such a short period of time. This is my first real order through Amazon (up until yesterday I've only purchased MP3s through Amazon).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I don't think they normally fluctuate quite that much. Personally, I do wonder if it wasn't a real pricing error yesterday as I didn't see anywhere else online w/ a preorder price anywhere near that low when I checked. Most places just had it at the pretty typical circa ~$75 price that Amazon also had for a long while -- I'm guessing it'll probably go back to that ~$75 price soon enough.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I'm aware of that. I just meant the degree of fluctuation in this instance seems a bit out of the "ordinary" even for them. It went from ~$75 down to ~$62 and then up to ~$88 w/in ~24 hours. I've seen plenty of CDs and movie titles go up and down by a few bucks (and maybe even ~$10 for sets of this size) from day to day, but nothing else quite as drastic as this instance that I can recall for this level of items.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Without a doubt, this is an unusual circumstance of pricing...even for Amazon.

Something unusual was afoot. Maybe just a mistake.

I can only imagine what such a mistake might cost them in profits.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Don't forget to thank Robert Crawford for pointing it out.
Without that, I doubt if we'd all had been able to receive this advantage!

Cees

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
God, they look fantastic. I recently watched the remastered DVD versions, but I'll gladly spin the whole trilogy again once I get the Blu-ray versions. They appear to look absolutely gorgeous and frighteningly film-like in HD.

Kudos to Mr Harris and all involved with the restoration.

Britton

Screenwriter
Wow, I cannot wait for these! I threw up the DVDs on my 55" screen sometime last year and they didn't hold up at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks