What's new

God of War III (1 Viewer)

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
I have never played GOW before but the newest up coming sequel looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it! Any GOW fans here?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The first two are excellent, I strongly suggest buying the PS3 compilation and playing them before playing 3. It literally picks up right where 2 leaves off.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't bought it yet but I'm planning on getting the compilation remade in HD for 30 bucks.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Definitely play 1 and 2 first. I just recently played these for the first time (the collection in HD) and these are 2 fantastic games.......3 should be even better!

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Definitely finish the first two. They hold up very well... I envy someone who has three GOW games in a row ahead of them to play for the first time. Still, GOW3 game makes me wish I had a PS3.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I tried the demo for the PS3. I cant put my finger on it. I just didnt care for it. I really loved the first God of War game. I played it through to the end. This one, while it certainly looks sharp, just feels like more of the same. I guess I was just hoping for something a little different or varied from the last one. Or I am just old and don't like this sort of game anymore. (But I really enjoyed Batman: Arkham!)

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Played a couple of hours today and beat the first 2 bosses.

Just judging sorely on graphics and presentation - there is nothing that I have seen from a console that comes close. Visually the game is on a different level imo.

Gameplay wise, while yeah its basically the same formula as the first two - thats what you sorta expect right? The game is very fluid and the visuals definetly improve the gameplay experience here. The new moves are fun and add a new element instead of just doing Square, Square, Triangle (repeat) like in the previous 2 games.

The boss battles that I have done are just breath-taking and honestly I felt my money was well worth spent just based on those 2.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
Greg, there's one sex minigame in each of the three GoW games. The Aphrodite one is a little more, um, involved than the first two were (but then again, GoW III is all about involvement and "bigger and better").

My own thoughts on this game are that it's marvelous. The graphics are fantastic. I do wish they hadn't changed a few of the gameplay elements (grab animations automatically targetting the largest enemy instead of letting you aim the grabs at the character you actually WANT, for example), and Chaos Mode will make you want to throw controllers, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun and it's really epically impressive. Have played through it probably five or six times on Titan and Chaos difficulties since release day and it's still entertaining.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for the info. Any more than that and it'd probably be overkill, and it looks like the latest one goes pretty far as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks