What's new

Glitches with Revolutionary Road Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

I just finished watching my new Blu-ray copy of Revolutionary Road for the first time on a Sony machine which is a couple of years old but has never given me any trouble playing anything before. (It is profile 1.0 and can't play picture-in-picture 1.1 content, but that shouldn't matter for the RR disc because there is none on it.) As usual for new discs on this player, it took a few minutes to load but when it did I played the movie and it worked flawlessly throughout. I watched through all of the creidts like I always do and assumed that it would return me to the menu following the end of the film. It did not, and after staring at a blank screen for a few minutes, I pressed the "menu" button and was told that "This operation is prohibited by this disc." After trying this a few more times, I decided to simply take the disc out and re-enter it (though I was done watching the film, I wanted to view the extras next.) When I reloaded it into the player, the player first said it was loading and then said "Can't play this disc." I took the disc out and re-entered again, and again, "Can't play this disc." Even though the player already did play the disc successfully once.

So I'm not quite sure what to do. I am hesitant to return it to the store because it doesn't seem defective exactly since it played the movie for me once, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate further. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks