1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Glass scratch kits

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

First of all,does such a thing exist and if so,do they work?
    My 55 gallon fish tank got some scratches on the outside...I think my son did it,he is 3 and likes to play cars on just about everything so its quit possible thats how it happened.
    ------------------
    My dvd collection
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Maybe you should talk to someone at a glass repair shop. They may sell kits or set you on the right track.
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

3. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen Potts
    You might try some rubbing compound or even some car wax to rid yourself of the scratches.
    ------------------
    "Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

4. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Glass scratches can't be 'fixed;' that's the main draw of acrylic fish tanks.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, I don't think scratches can be removed, perhaps you can kind of rotate the tank so it's on the back, assuming it's a normal rectangular tank. While you're at it, it might be a good idea to do you're yearly maintanance on it, remove the fish and then remove the rest of the water and then rotate the tank around so the scratches are in the back of the tank...
    Like Shayne says, acrylic tanks are fixable but glass really isn't. You could probably replace the panel but the costs are probably very prohibitive compared to a new tank.
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

6. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

A new glass plate, a razor blade, a tube of aquarium silicone, 48 hours and you can replace the scratched plate easily enough.

7. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Actually,I had not even thought about reversing the tank.I am moving the first of next month so I will just live with the scratches until then...Only a few more weeks.I wonder how visible they will be though.I use a black background on my tanks.
    Thanks guys!
    ------------------
    My dvd collection
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs