What's new

Give me your opinions on the best $150 DVD player..... (1 Viewer)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Of course I would like a progressive scan player and I prefer a single disk loader. Don't care what brand it is but I would love to hear everyone's opinion as i'm about to take delivery on my first HDTV and now i'm about to buy my first progressive DVD player. Thanks for input. :)

Daniel.Becker

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Daniel, take a look at the Panasonic DVD-S55S and 'F85. The 'S55S is a $130 single-disc player, while the 'F85 is a $150 five-disc changer. Both players do progressive scan and DVD-Audio and appear solid for the money. For more information, go to www.crutchfield.com . I've also seen the 'F85 at Circuit City. The build quality is excellent for $150.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Daniel,

Which HDTV did you get? Do you have lots of non-16x9 DVDs?

The answers to these questions may factor into what you should get although $150 is a bit limiting if you need to scale non-16x9 DVDs for a large display.

_Man_

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I'm having a Sony Wega 32" HS500 on June 2nd. :) I can't hardly contain myself just thinking about it! :)

No, I don't own that many DVDs that are non 16:9. I don't own any tv shows on dvd and only a couple movies that I can think of are 4:3. Happy Gilmore is 4:3 and Iron Eagle non-anamorphic letterboxed. :frowning:

Dan.B

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, then you're probably ok w/ the cheap new Panny players as suggested by Keith.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks