What's new

Ginger Rogers title Bachelor Mother-1939 up for pre-order at Movies Unlimited for November 9th (1 Viewer)

FrankXS

Second Unit
Does any one know where this title is coming from ? It hasn't been available through the Warner Archive or regular DVD release from Warner Home Entertainment. This was a 1939 RKO title so should be coming from Warner one way or the other. Why a single title with no one posting of its forthcoming release ?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
If I were to venture a guess, MOD - hopefully remastered.

I'm buying, either way. Been waiting for the DVD since I saw the film in college on Laserdisc in 2003.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Bachelor Mother was mentioned awhile ago on the Warner Archive Facebook page.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
It will be part of Warner Archive, but I don't see red "remastered edition" banner:

mal3

Auditioning
Real Name
Gordon Rodden
It has been available in the UK for some time in a d/b with The Major and the Minor should anyone not want to go the MOD route.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3275515/Major-And-Minor-The-Bachelor-Mother/Product.html

Mal

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
It's a shame that Warner will not be remastering this title. Guess we are stuck with the 20 + year transfer for a long time to come.

We know how the market is today. What was it about the market in the late 80s and early 90s that allowed MGM/UA Home Video to release so many classic films like Bachelor Mother to retail VHS, films that never got a retail DVD release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks