What's new

Gimme Shelter - Stones (1 Viewer)

PhilBoy

Second Unit
I just saw this on the shelf at Wallymart $60 ?

I noticed a dts track and a high definition transfer in the tech specs...

Anyone want to give us a review and play list. I haven't seen this flick in 30 years.

If it's a 10, I'll get it.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Great flick if you are a Stones fan, but $60 is way too much. You could find this a lot cheaper just about anywhere else.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well... $60CAD = = $45.88USD
Not necessarily a bad B&M price for an imported title (Criterion doesn't distribute in Canada).

You would probably be better-off importing from the US yourself though

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
If it's $60 CAD, its not that bad of a deal. But you can get it in the mid-twenties (USD) on DeepDiscountDVD.com. Good DTS track and features though, I never saw this on VHS or in the theaters so I cant compare, but the transfer was good from what I gather.

LawrenceK

Stunt Coordinator
I love this release. The sound is pretty killer, great documentary, good picture. Extras are also quite good. I would definately reccomend picking it up.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
PhilBoy,

Criterion did a first rate job on the disc in terms of pic and sound quality. The extras are great, too. Two things that I liked in the extras:

a) The commentary by one of the directors that is still with us. It's a great commentary and he sounds just like Adam Sandler, which is strange.

b) The Madison Square Garden performance of the song Prodigal Son, which is offered as an extra and contains a bit of a surprise. That's all I'm saying.

Find a way to get it for less than $40 US.

-Reagan

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Phil, this disc is a definite "10" for picture, sound, extras, and the film itself... the whole frickin' tamale. I can't believe you don't already have it! :)

(But not for $60, Canadian dollars or no. This is--or should be--a regularly-priced special edition Criterion.)

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
Rich, Regular priced Criterions ARE 60 dollars in Canada. :frowning:
Just import it from Deep Discount along with some other Criterions and save a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks