What's new

Gimme a Break? (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
god I hope so.

But you know how fans of 80's sitcoms (not counting Cosby Show and Cheers) always get screwed. Nick At Nite spent about a whole year on our shows in between the decade of 70's shows and the past 2 or 3 years devoted to 90's shows.

Give me the complete runs of Gimme A Break, Facts Of Life and Diff'rent Strokes and I will be a happy camper.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And this one had better be uncut. The syndicated cuts as seen on USA Network 8 years ago were horrifying. One instance cuts out a joke and leaves in the audience laughter. I can supply the tape if you don't believe me.

Then there's music rights.

DaveK

Second Unit

Matthew I believe you because I taped those episodes. In fact, I tried to tape episodes from the third and fourth season (since they were being shown in chronological order), and a lot of episodes were skipped.

For instance, there was the episode in the third season where Nell, Addie and Joey go to Nell's sister's wedding in the south. Nell had to go head-to-head with her mom. They only showed part one and not part two of these episodes. I was royally peeved off.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They also skipped the Ray Parker, Jr. episode, which, ironically, I taped on vacation when WWOR aired the show on their national feed.

John*P

Second Unit
I would definitely be interested in this, but would like to see some other 80s sitcoms on DVD first; Silver Spoons, Facts of Life, Small Wonder, Mr Belvedere, Out of this World, etc...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I would like to see tons of shows relesed as well. Just so I can see them again.

My Netflix account is running out of choices.

I just like to try before I buy nowadays. I made the mistake of buying things I used to love, but no longer really like now.

Some things I liked even better and some the same.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I remember watching Gimme a Break with Neil Carter on USA network when they showed it back in the day and I hope they release that onto television box set because I would buy it in a second.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well it's almost a week until the season one release. No reviews yet, nor indications of running times. Right now I'm trying to be optimistic about the quality of the set, but Universal has gotten so many complaints over their discs (usually for manufacturing issues) that I am still biting my nails over it.

BTW, TVOne has a Gimme a Break marathon beginning 12:00 PM eastern on Saturday, February 11.

http://www.tvoneonline.com/schedule/...date=2/11/2006

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Universal is bad with sending out review copies... very rarely do they send out copies before a business day or two before street

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Just be optimistic and hope everyone buys it so we can get the whole series eventually.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
We (SitcomsOnline.com) will have a review of the set this week. Hopefully it'll be up by Thursday or Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks