What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, and that's why this thing is even more obnoxious - it's an obvious roadbump that's going to have to be undone, and that just strikes me as sloppy writing. I can almost guarantee that the Palladinos wouldn't have gone this route had they been in charge; they may have their faults, but I can't recall many developments under their watch where the characters would have had to move back before moving forward.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I know I’m in the minority but I’m fine with the Lorelei and Christopher marriage and hope they stay together. Perhaps it’s just my understanding that in real life it is the union that would actually take place ninety-nine percent of the time.

Phil_L

Second Unit

I'm with you on this one Patrick.

The parts that bugged me the most about this episode were the scenes with Rory's new friends. Who are they and what is the point of including them? They're not interesting or essential to anything (unless Rory is meant to steal Marty away). I'd much rather see Rory hanging out with Paris or Lane. Their interactions are far more interesting.

As far as Luke, I hope he never gets Lorelai back. He blew it, despite how difficult Lorelai might have made it for him to keep her.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

If he blew it, which I don't believe he did, Lorelai gave him the dynamite, lit the fuse and then double dogged dared him to hold onto it until it blew.

Remember "crazy eyes"? I think that term applies very much to Lorelai, the woman is a paranoid conspiracy seeker who often finds them where there are none present.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lorelai and Christopher in Paris was just damned excruciating to watch. It certainly proved that NYT article true: I love you! No, I love you! No I love you...

The only thing my friend and I found interesting was the Zach and Lane subplot.

I thought the Luke and Christopher showdown in the promo looked like a scene from Cruising with Al Pacino. :)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds

He only blew it because he was handed a script containing the typical idiot-plot that rears its ugly head in substandard romantic comedies -- actions out of character and with just enough of each character's motivation hidden from the other so that they can angrily misunderstand each other and stay apart longer than necessary.

And we can't even blame that on the new writers -- team Palladino was still at the helm last season, when everything started down this path.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that this current story arc was planned by the Palladinos before their departure. I would hope that they would have handled it better (and I'm certain they would have -- as much as I disliked where the show went in terms of story last season, it was still always fun and funny to watch. Not so much this year).

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Well that was the biggest waste of time ever! The writing is so bad I found myself muting the show and pulling an MST just to get through it. I have honestly gotten to the point of " Who gives a damn what Lorelei and Christopher do" I do however want to watch next weeks episode in hopes that Luke kicks the crap out of Christopher. Ha! Imagine that with the mute on and me mumbling witty lines under my breath!

yeah I am so over this show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show used to be my first or second recorded show to watch on Tuesday nights (I go out on Tuesdays, and don't get to see them "live"), but now GG has slid down to either 3rd or 4th show to watch on crowded Tuesday nights for me.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I hadn't thought about it while watching the episode, but that's pretty spot on.

I'll concede that the show's not perfect, but I can at least still enjoy it without feeling a deep hope that something way off track will right itself (like when I sat through Buffy the Vampire Slayer's last two seasons).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I actually liked most of the dialogue in this episode, but could go without ever having to deal with Logan's stuffy parties.

Luke and April's scene about the kissing was raw but funny in terms of emotions at odds with one another.

Rory's reaction to the marriage was odd, almost childish, but I guess Rory's still baking on the inside.

Christopher and Lorelai don't make that good a couple. Richard and Emily's reaction to their marriage should be interesting.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So what did people think of the ending scene? A bit more subtle than the show has been this season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lor knows deep down that this marriage is not going to last, but she's going through the motions for now.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I didn't get that last scene, what was the significance of the movie to Luke? I thought maybe it was a movie that he and Lorelai had watched together?

Or did the dialogue in the movie hold meaning for him? I couldn't really tell.

I love April and Luke together, all of their scenes posess a very poignant father-daughter dynamic that makes them a joy to watch and it just warms the heart, plus I find April to be absolutely adorable, they did a great job on the casting for her IMO.

I've always liked the fact that April has never really questioned any of this, she just found out that Luke was her father and wanted to know him, she never pushes him for info, never asks him questions about his past or how he feels about this or that at any given moment or drills him on anything, she just accepted him openly and that's very cool to me. :emoji_thumbsup:

As for Christopher and Lorelai, i'll say it again...

Tick...tock...tick...tock...KABLOOEY!!!!! He's a goner, which was only cemented tonight in the scene between Luke and Lorelai. I will say this, though, as much as I want Lorelai with Luke and not with Chris, I can't argue with the man's taste, wanting to put flat screens all over the house was a high five moment for me. :cool:

One thing, though, where was the scene that's been in the previews where Luke and Chris are about to throw down? It wasn't in this ep, I suppose it's in a future ep and they just wanted to wet our appetites early for an upcoming battle royal for Lorelai's love. And from what i've seen Emily and Richard are happy about the union, it shows Emily toasting them in a preview I saw.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I took it as Luke still being attached to Lorelai, lingering on something he would have flipped past otherwise. And I think the particular scene deals with a marriage proposal. Overall it reminded me of when they were watching My Man Godfrey when Luke was first snubbed by Richard and Emily.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Luke finally realized that Lorelai was married (perhaps he finally remembered the ring on her left ring finger) after seeing that clip from, I think, "Bringing Up Baby" or is it "The Philadelphia Story"?

I was actually laughing when Logan was ripping Rory a new one about her own access to wealth, even though her mom took great pains to shield her from it until her sophomore year in high school. So, on one hand, Rory never had the spoiled life of being a blueblood, her family ties have allowed her to some prime educational opportunities, and without them, she never meets Logan and doesn't have a nice swanky LoganLair to hang out in. Logan was right to throw her article back in her face.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
That episode wasn't as hard to sit through as the other episodes this season have been. However, Christopher is such an idiot. He can't seem to see right through Lorelei like everyone else can ( even Suki senses when she is ready to throw in the towel when it comes to relationships).

Lorelei hates change. She is so comfy sitting in her own little "me and rory" bubble that she can't handle when things change. Getting married changes a lot, but somehow she seems to glide over the whole " married people live together and compromise and share" aspect. Chris wanting to change Rory's room was just the starting point to the count down of the relationship ending. Lorelei is not ready to share anything with Christopher and she made that clear during Tuesdays episode when she said " I know, but's it's always been just me and Rory". It's been over since they got home from Paris, Chris is just too stupid to figure it out.

Luke just needs to move on and find someone else that will appreciate him. I am hoping that the writers don't leave him all hung up on such a pathetic excuse for a woman that we call Lorelei. I hope he sticks with working on being a good dad to April. I love the scenes with those two.

Yeah so I watched.... and I was pissed when they didn't show Luke kick the crap out of Christopher. Yes, I will watch next week.... lol... I hate that I feel this overwhelming need to watch. lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks