What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If I'm not mistaken, the new season doesn't feature a wholesale change. I mean, Gilmore Girls carried over a staff of writers and producers from the previous season(s), right? To use my West Wing example from earlier, when they dumped creator Aaron Sorkin, John Wells came in and decided to make that show what he thought it should be. But it seems to me that Gilmore Girls is utilizing a lot of the same people and trying to keep things pretty consistent, they just aren't reporting to the same people at the top that they used to. I did read an article the mentioned that the actors have a bit more freedom to deviate from the script as opposed to doing it verbatim, but I don't think the current showrunners want to make too drastic a change.

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
What about the fact that Logan had to tell Rory how to find her text messages, when last season she was shown texting with Christopher?

Did she forget?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Didn't she say something like, "Oh, it went straight to the read messages folder. Why would it do that?" Made me think the system was being wonky.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see STUDIO 60 last night? Lauren Graham was the guest host of the show within the show.

They had a preview for next week, and she will be on again. They showed a scene where Matthew Perry gives her his phone number and says "Can you make a photocopy and give it to the girl who plays your daughter too?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Couldn't Christopher at least put a white sheet up on the barn? You could see the planks lol.

Okay, even I will admit that it was a cool thing for Christopher to do.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Watching Lorelai and Christopher together is painful. They don't have that snappy reparte or repoire. I'm totally and actively rooting against their union.

Emily getting picked up for yakking on a cell phone and driving almost salvaged the episode.

VM's Gia on GG? That was a surprise. It was weird to see Rory blow off Logan so casually for a pair of female artist acquaintances.

Loved April moving in with Luke, I like their repoire.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't like Loralai and Chris together, either, but that movie on a barn set-up was very cool I must admit.

I've always liked April, she's just so adorable and she does have a great repoir with Luke, the girl is like a human kitten lol.

Emily getting busted was priceless. :laugh:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, seeing Emily go to the pokey was pretty fun.

I was glad to see April make a return. She doesn't need to be in every episode but it's good to see her every now and then. Plus, her interaction with Luke is good since he's so uncomfortable.

I also liked Lorelai's line about "Snakes On A Boat?!"

And who started the film projector? :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

And therin lies the key difference between the male and female viewers of this show lol. While the females are going "Aww, isn't that so sweet and romantic?", the males are going "I wonder what type of projector that is, LCD, DLP or a real print projector?". :laugh:

I've also been meaning to bring up the Stars Hollow theater which is nothing more than a common room where people just pull up a chair, it's so freakin' quaint lol!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
In the scene in the kitchen when Christopher tells her he loves her, he calls Lorelai "Lauren." I can't beleive that slipped through.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure he wasn't saying 'Lor'? It's nearly impossible to believe that neither actor, the director, a grip standing around on the set, the editor, a producer, the network or anyone else wouldn't have caught him saying the actor's name and easily looped it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Christopher uses "Lor" a lot when addressing Lorelai.

I didn't much enjoy this episode tonight (true, the title "The Great Stink" is an ironic one). Rory was over the top in her reaction to Bobbie and the boys. Christopher and Lorelai were sucking the life out of this episode as well. The resolution doesn't seem like a good one either (Christopher taking Lorelai to Paris to drop off Gigi).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Uh oh, Loralai is paranoid...

tick...tock...tick...tock

Uh oh, Loralai is threatened...

tick...tock...tick...tock

KABOOM!!! Another relationship bites the dust. Oh maybe not right now, but tick...tock...tick...tock...

As for Rory's extreme reaction to Bobbie, well, she IS Loralai Gilmore's daughter, her reaction is just about right lol.

And yes, i'm sure that what you heard, Larry was Chris saying "Lor", which can sound a lot like Lauren if your not paying attention.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's not just about "dropping off" Gigi, but making sure it really is a good situation. I really didn't understand Lorelei's explanation at all, especially when there was a much simpler one: Lorelei just cannot understand the idea that Christopher would be willing to send his kid away for months based on a heartfelt letter, and has a hard time respecting anyone who would even consider it.

I mean, this is a woman who fretted during the first season because she had never been apart from her 16-year-old daughter for the length of a weekend; what Christopher was talking about must have seemed even more insane to her than it did to me.

Also, has Christopher moved back to Connecticut without my noticing? Because New Englanders don't drive eighty miles (or however far Boston is from Star's Hollow) for lunch.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Big spoiler:
According to TVGuide.com Lorelai and Christopher will elope on a trip to Paris.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My problem with Christopher is that he always seems to be written as a prop character, and this season isn't all that different (the living situation is just one example that he exists just to be someone occupying Lorelai's screen time with this season).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone who doesn't want to know the content of the spoiler posted above is advised NOT to look at the cover of next week's TV Guide magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks