What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
But the letter-opening scene (and others like it) is supposed to go on too long. As much as we've grown to like Paris and understand her in the past seven years, she's supposed to make people acutely uncomfortable and be difficult to deal with.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lorelai's singing was both embarrassing and touching - a combination of feelings I can't say I've experienced very often. Well, maybe the last time was the last time Lorelai was drunk in front of a microphone.

And it was good seeing Lane. We need to see more!

And will April be the new Rory? Or will L/L simply sail into the sunset? Both?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My friend also picked up that the song playing on Lane's music box in the nursery was the Cure's "Boys Don't Cry." Man, that's just way too hip for me. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked this episode, overall.

I liked Lauren Graham's karoake performance as she realizes Luke has walked in, and she's singing the song with meaning for 2 people in her life.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm telling you, television sucks. :rolleyes

Gilmore Girls is finished!

I just read at TVGuide.com that this will indeed be the end so we only have 2 episodes left. :angry:

I left there and went someplace else and when I went back to try to cut the URL to paste here I repeatedly got a 'Cannot display page' error message so I can't post the link.

This entire show, IMO, has been a colossal waste of my time. With only two eps left there isn't time to resolve anything and i've read nothing about the producers writing a resolution in case this happended, no resolution for Luke and Lorelai, Luke and April, Emily and Richard or Rory and Logan.

The hell with it, i'm not even going to watch the last two episodes, I just don't care.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This isn't a show that needs resolution, though. I'm willing to be that since the producers knew contracts were up after this season, they wrote an episode that could serve as a season finale, and it will end with everyone in a decent place but new challenges ahead of them. I don't know how much some sort of cliché'd double-wedding send-off would really benefit it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really wish that I had your eternal optimism when it comes to tv, Jason, but I just don't, from where things were the other night I don't see a satisfying conclusion to this show with only two eps left.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I see why you're bummed John but I bet (and Ausiello confirms it in the article) that this season's finale was designed to act as a series finale in case they didn't come back. It seems like S8 would have just been thirteen episodes of Lorelai planning her wedding and Rory looking for a (or working at her) great job. You know that both storys are going to work out so it seems like it's an extra season of just waiting to see exactly those two things happen.

For me, as long as Luke and Lorelai are together at the end of the season, I don't need to see them get married. And Rory finishing Yale seems to dovetail nicely with her starting at Chilton in the beginning of the show. I like the idea of them going off into their futures that I don't know the specifics of.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I'm not trying to show them a thing, why should I watch the last two episodes if it can't wrap things up in a satisfactory manner, that's why i'm considering not watching, I may watch them but my enthusiasm is almost nil.

Real Name
Thomas Stewart
Looks like I need to start planning one of my traditional series finale parties... As much as season 8 would probably have felt weird (like a beginning a full chapter we won't get to finish), I just can't wrap my head around the fact the show will be over in less than 2 weeks. Its the last show left over from my High School days - Looks like I'm really growing up :)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Blast this show for making me cry!!!

I've been there, when you've realized you still have feelings for someone who you've long since parted ways with.

Damn!

Love Bites!

I've watched every episode of all 8 seasons, some good some bad, but I've always been entertained. Yeah, it's a little clichéd ending the show this way, but for this show it fits.

If they do a wedding, a double wedding at that, will Chris give Rory away?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seeing as how the finale airs in 11 days and has already been filmed, I doubt very much there will be a wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks