What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Was there any mention of why Gigi wasn't in Paris? They spent so much time getting her there, it seemed odd she just showed up in Star's Hollow with nary a mention of what the arrangement is at all.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just assumed that Gigi is still living in France but was spending the delayed Gilmore Christmas with her dad and step family.

On the topic of Gigi, that kid looks at the offscreen crew and into the camera more than any other child actor I've ever seen.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Take that cyborg reptile bitch!!! :cool:

Yay! I'm so happy for Luke! :)

Now Chris, well, I'm just in awe at how selfish a person can actually be, how dare he make Lorelai feel guilty about writing a letter that could, and did, help Luke gain visitation rights for his daughter. If I were Lorelai I wouldn't have hestitated to shove that flat screen up his ass and sent them both soaring onto the lawn.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Christopher is mad about the letter as much as he is mad about what the letter reveals about Lorelai and her feelings for Luke. Personally, I can't blame him for being angry over being Loreali's second choice. Presumably, he loves her and wants to be married to her and she's in love with another guy but married him anyway.

I really enjoyed this episode. Mostly because something positive happened for Luke. There were a number of good Paris moments and I dig the Lucy character too.

Richard better be OK. I'm good with characters dying on some shows but I hope that they realize that Gilmore Girls is too light hearted of a show to have a major character die.

And it looks like Lauren Graham is a producer on the show now.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm not disputing that the reason he's upset is because he's Lorelai's second choice, I don't like Chris because he took a letter than anyone would have written for a friend in need and turned it around and used it to make Lorelai feel guilty about helping out a friend, he didn't even try to understand why she wrote it.

To me that sounds too much like forcing your fiance' to choose to keep you happy over helping his/her long time friends and that's something that i've always hated about human nature and relationships.

It touched a nerve with me is all.

I'm also not disputing that the things she wrote didn't come from a special place in her heart but there is a reason why Chris is her second choice...because Luke is a better man.

I don't mean to sound callous because I love Richard but I think that a death is just what the show needs, it's never had one and it would add lots of drama I think. I don't want it to happen but if it did it would be different for this show is all i'm saying.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching the DVDs of the first season when Richard had some medical problem (maybe it was his heart) and I thought "Gee, I hope they don't kill that old guy off." That was after about ten episodes so now after the entire run of the series, I'd be really bummed if he died.

Like you said it would add some drama and it would be a new story avenue for the show. However, I say to hell with that story and I hope that Richard is fine. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's painful to see this show driven by plot instead of by characters. I've never liked the Christopher character, but give the man some dignity. Christopher's over-reaction to the letter was Forced Writing 101.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm glad they didn't drag the April custody thing out too long and that it had a positive resolution.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned Christopher's godawful surround system setup. :D

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

What was it? I caught that the TV was a Magnavox since I saw the box on the floor.

I hope Richard doesn't die. I've always liked how he balanced out Emily.

If this season is the last, I wouldn't be surprised if a Luke and Lorelai wedding was the series finale.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was the classic all-five-speakers-sitting-on-top-of-the-receiver arrangement.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Oh yeah, I never get tired of that one lol, it's that new type of surround set-up that's sweeping the nation...surround sound that all comes from one direction. :D

The flatscreen was in an awkward place, too.

BTW, I was told that Sookie is pregnant again because Melissa Macarthy is actually pregnant in real life and so they had to write it in.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I saw an advertisement yesterday for Because I Said So and all I could do was think, "What's Lorelai Gilmore doing in a movie?" I've checked her IMDB credits and she's been in quite a bit, but it'd be difficult for me to identify an actor I identify more with the character. I almost want to see the movie just to see if I can accept her as some other character. From the clips I saw, all her mannerisms, etc. were "Lorelai". I think part of it has to do with the fact that I've read that Lauren Graham is quite the bright, witty person in her own right, much like her character. She was cast because she channels Lorelai. Anyway, fans of the show, character, or actress may be interested in the movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Really? She actually worked for me in Bad Santa. However, I thought the same thing that Micah said about Because I Said So. The thing that may work for Lauren Graham is that Gilmore Girls isn't really that big of a show so she may be able to shake being typecast (to people that haven't seen GG).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Just want to warn anyone who might have gone to see BECAUSE I SAID SO because of Lauren, don't. Not only is it a terrible film, but Lauren is barely in it. I think Mandy Moore's boyfriends have more screen time than she does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks