What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Duane R

Second Unit
The shows starts up again in a couple of days sans the Palladinos. I'm looking forward to see what happens, particularly if Luke and Lorelai can get their act together this year.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I have a tremendous amount of fear going into this season without the Palladinos -- it's been very, very rare when an episode not written by them has been memorable.

I'm going to watch. But I'm scared.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The early review of the premiere got good marks in maintaining the zingy pop cultural references and zippiness.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Last season was memorable, but not in an entirely good way. I'm looking forward to a change myself or at least am not as concerned after what the pair managed to do last season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While I don't think last year was the best year of the show, it definitely wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Like you allude to, if the Palladinos are tapped of ideas (as some fans must feel they are), I'd think they'd be more receptive of some new blood coming in to work on/run the show.

Phil_L

Second Unit
As long as they come back for the series finale, whenever that is. Amy says she has always known just how the series will end, and I want to see her vision come to fruition.

As far as Luke and Lorelai......I am pulling for Christopher. Luke loved Lorelai for years from afar, and then when he landed her, he blows it and can't just commit. He ruined the best woman that would ever have him. He doesn't deserve her. I know that puts me in the minority, but he just irks me.

Guess we'll see how it all shakes down tonight.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Matt Roush over at TV Guide said that it was the worst hour he has witnessed this season except for the hour of sitcoms, Thursdays on Fox. He said it has a really different feel. I think I'll probably build up a few epsiodes on the DVR before watching.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Like I said last year, if Luke and Lorelai are kaput, fine. As long as Christopher is not the alternative and like L. said tonight "It's better if it doesn't happen again."

I started to write about how Lorelai bears at least some of the blame for not telling Luke how she felt early on, but then I remembered how I think the whole conflict between them felt manufactured anyway, a means to move the story in a direction that was not going there based on what we know of the characters and their relationship. So I think some of my leniency for this season will be seeing the new show runner's efforts as having to clean up a mess that was left for him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Luke didn't blow anything, it was ALL Loralai.

She created this whole situation herself, Luke was dealing with the fact that he has a daughter the best way that he could and he said NOTHING and indicated NOTHING about fearing commitment or the impending nuptuals.

Loralai got paranoid and impatient and then she ambushed Luke and threw down an unfair ultimatum. She was completely insensitive to what he was dealing with, he had April, Anne and the marriage, all three of these things and he was trying to find a balance between them but he wanted to marry Loralai, he loved her and it was going to happen...until Loralai, not Luke, blew it.

Then there's the whole thing with Chris which cemented her fate, her CHOSEN fate I should say.

Which brings us to tonight's premiere and her stupidity continues in flamboyant form! She explains to Sookie that she gave Luke a chance and he didn't take it, what chance? She just showed up at the diner, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out into the street demanding to get married NOW, he never even had a chance to speak, she did most of the talking/paranoid rambling and then stormed off to Chris' house.

I've never disliked Loralai until recently, she's being extremely selfish right now and she has caused all of this drama single handedly, Luke did nothing to cause any of this, I can't see how it could be interperated any other way. Sure, he did postpone the wedding but he didn't do that out of any sort of fear, he did it because the guy just got hit with a bombshell and he needed time to get his head around it...the postponment was justified. Sorry to sound so upset but I hate it when characters in movies and tv shows do such obviously stupid things like Loralai did and continues to do.

I hope they work it out this season and get married, I really do, but if they don't, Loralai has nobody to blame but herself.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

LOL, of course, I know that it's all written, but why do we watch these shows? To accept the world in which we're being presented and accept the stories and characters on a semi-real level, and in that respect, it's Loralai that's being a stubborn idiot, not the writers. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just to be clear I wasn't pulling a "calm down, it's only a show" thing on you John (it really annoys me when people say that). I'm as annoyed with Lorelai's behavior as you, but I guess I wind up blaming the writers because the change in character pulls me out of the reality they've created and I only see the strings and the people tuggin on them.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, it looks like next week we'll see Luke doing a bit of the petty blame game back, so that should quell some of the Lorelai frustrations :)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Last season just felt fake all around: Luke, the voice of reason, about the only functioning adult in Stars Hollow, really knows no better than to hide his daughter from Lorelai, the person best suited to help him deal with a child? Please. When he gave that lameass reason ("I was just afraid she'd like you better"), I knew the writers were running on empty.

I just can't get mad at Lorelai for what she did, because the lead-up to it was so awfully written.

That said, if they're gonna keep them apart, don't let her get together with Christopher, for f**k's sake... Hell, bring Digger back!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved the bit with Kirk turning Taylor's '64 T-Bird into Luke's diner.

Some of the verbal exchanges felt on par with previous seasons of GG, but others were not as tight, and did run on too long.

The situation with a self-sabotaging Lorelai is tough to watch, but the choices made are the choice that will impact and strain relationship all around.

Rory and Logan still make me nauseous.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Taylor was just asking for trouble by allowing Kirk to drive his car, I knew it would end badly in some fashon, I just saw it coming lol.

Luke didn't see it coming, but I did. :D

I like Logan and Rory together, they make a good couple IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks